14.0 Multimedia Update Prohibits Reordering Presets?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toolworker, May 30, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Am I missing something, or did the 14.0 update delete the ability to arrange radio presets?

The multimedia guide that came with my 2020 Ultimate (13.5 map version) says the radio menu has these features:

Pages from 2020 Kona EV Multimedia AVN5 Wide User's Manual.jpg
    After updating to 14.0, I noticed my presets were no longer in the order I had arranged them, but were in numeric order.

This is the radio menu in 14.0 (last item is off the screen):

20200530_185912.jpg

So Reorder Presets and Set Number of Presets have apparently been removed.

I use 9 presets, and really want my favorite five on the screen without scrolling. So I made those five the presets, but then when I set a sixth preset the system inserted it in the middle of the list in numeric order.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Did you happen to email the Map software folk? I agree - that was a nice feature they apparently removed.

4. I will today. I was hoping someone would tell me that I was mistaken or that the menu items were moved. I find it hard to believe that they would remove such a user convenience.

5. Interesting. I have a 2019 Ultimate, Canadian edition with a build date of Dec. 2018. I think it was delivered with software version 12.5, and I upgraded it through V13.0 to V13.5. The multimedia manual that came with the car says that the radio menu had just 4 choices:
    Station List
    Delete Presets
    Info
    Sound Settings.

So I never knew that I might have been able reorder the saved station list, though I would now want to do so.

After the V14 update, my radio menu is different from the OPs. It has these 5 choices:
    Station List
    Delete Presets
    Info
    Set Number of Presets
    Sound settings

So the update to the radio menu has added Set Number of Presets and appears to have made no other change. It did not reorder my station list numerically, which is what I'd like to do. I do not have the link to the online users manual, nor do I have Enter Station.

6. This page on hyundaiusa.com has all the manuals for the 2019's, including the infotainment system, although it doesn't have much yet for the 2020s. Perhaps the Canadian site has an equivalent page.
    They replied today:

"For further assistance can you please provide me with a picture of the system information screen? With this information we can confirm all your system specifications. With this information I can escalate this issue to my IT department."
    I sent them a link to this thread. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

What email did you use to contact them? The RE-ORDER feature is definitely gone in the latest release. Thanks.

9. [email protected]

10. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Thanks ... sent them an email ... also included that issue about the 32GB of Leftover junk in the download directory. :)

11. I did my map update today, but it didn't go exactly as per instructions. It says when finished the final screen requires you to press the Agree. I didn't get that screen, just the normal car start-up screen with the Confirm. Is that the same thing? Is this just different in Canada? Also when I checked the Map Ver on the System Info it says 13.41.42.660.102.5. This again is different than the final Step 9 instruction which says 13.41.41.XXX. And that's what my Order info says I should see after the update. Again, is it to do with Canada, or do I have a newer version?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. After three weeks, MapNSoft replied: "In regards to your inquiry, this is a new specification set by the new version so it is working as intended. We will submit your concerns over to the R&D center in order to improve our product based on our customers concerns."

If you want this feature back, please email [email protected]. They are pretty responsive.

I also emailed a complaint to [email protected], even though the only thing they have ever done is pass me off to someone else - a dealer, BlueLink, etc.

14. Well, passing me off to BlueLink was probably the right thing to do. The phone agent said that there have been other issues with the 14.0 update, specifically removal of a Sirius XM weather feature, and they are talking to MapNSoft about a possible update.

So I would add calling BlueLink to the things you could do:
    855-2-BlueLink (855-225-8354)
    Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-5:00 PM Pacific Time

15. Hey I like the new color green in your subscriber profile, beats the old yellow :)

16. Here's where to give a like.

17. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

From My correspondence with them :

"Tim,

We apologize for the late response and also the changes with the system.

This change where it can no longer be sorted was a new change with the recent update. We have notified the development team to have this option changed back on the next update as many customers do not like it.

Sincerely,

Austin"

Toolworker and R P like this.
  18. MapnSoft's final reply:

"I escalated your concerns and it seems that the way the presets are now is the correct specification for this update. I have been informed that changes will be map [sic] for the next map update later this year."​

So the feature should be back in the fall update.