Soul EV availability in North America

Discussion in 'Kia Soul EV' started by Domenick, Apr 16, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sadly the Kia Soul EV isn't coming to the U.S. until 2021. The linked InsideEVs post does hold out some hope that could change, but now with the ongoing pandemic, everything seems to be pushed back.

The Soul EV is being sold in Canada, however. At least in small amounts. I just did this search on Autotrader.ca and found 36 examples on dealer lots.

It is not being sold in Mexico at the moment (nor is the Kia Niro EV, for that matter).

On the bright side for those interested in the Soul EV, it shares the same platform as the Kia Niro EV and Hyundai Kona Electric, so some issues such as accessing vehicle info through 3rd-party apps, etc are addressed on our Forum. We also hope, of course, Canadian owners will post on the Forum about their Soul EV experiences.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

The eSoul is on my list but it is not looking good for availability even by October of 2021 (when my Clarity lease ends). Still hopeful. Even Kia on Twitter dodged my question. :confused:

4. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

Domenick likes this.
  5. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

Has Kia changed their mind yet and will bring the Soul EV to the US?

6. I'm not seeing any articles mentioning coming to the U.S. since it last said it would be 2021 at the earliest.

Kia should be revealing its first production vehicle on the new E-GMP platform pretty soon, code-name Kia CV. That vehicle should be available in all 50 states, but I guess we'll need to see what they say leading up to the launch to be certain.
    I should create a sub-forum for that vehicle soon. I was going to wait until I knew the precise name -- it'll probably be called the Kia EV-5 (or possibly EV-4 or EV-6), but I might just call it CV for now and change it when the name is announced.

Kendalf and SThomas219 like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

My Clarity goes off lease this October. While I have a Mach-E on order, finances might get too tight with my wife's job (online travel consultant) when it arrives, I may have to pass on it. The Soul EV/eSoul was my first choice until Kia pulled the plug on a US release. Then, as you indicated, Kia seemed to reopen that possibility late last year.

Hoping they make an announcement soon after the Hyundai/Kia EV announcements over the next few weeks.

9. SeacoastSoul

SeacoastSoul New Member

I'm with you! I have a 2017 Soul EV and love it, but sure could use another 150 miles of range. Is it hopeless? I'd hate to waste my time while so many other EVs are entering the market. The Bolt EUV is tempting. Please Kia!