June Update Broke the HondaLink App

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SThomas219, Jun 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

I'm not holding my breath while they try to figure out their issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. vicw

vicw Active Member

Me either :eek:

4. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

I can’t believe their system is still down. Means they didn’t have backup systems and their primary systems are still encrypted. Really poor network security management.

Lowell_Greenberg and Mowcowbell like this.
  5. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

[​IMG]

Their twitter feed does acknowledge that HondaLink is still having problems.

6. Tomrl

Tomrl Member

App not working here in Eugene, OR.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Paddy

Paddy Member

News says Honda suffered hacker attacks with ransomware and closed plants in several locations. Not sure if this is impacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

There was a push notification today from the app saying something about the app not working. I accidentally clicked on it and it went away when opening the app.

10. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

I got a similar notification. The app has been entirely non-functional for days.

Sent from my ASUS_I01WD using Inside EVs mobile app

11. Momothree

Momothree New Member

I’m having all the same problems. Is there any way to disable the charge schedule without using the HondaLink app? This is causing me major issues that I can’t charge my car at will...

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. vicw

vicw Active Member

Getting a sign of life on the app, finally, late tonight. It let me log into my account, and shows my details, but when I try to add the VIN for my Clarity, I get the old Error message repeatedly

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

When Hondalink quit working (no range info available), I didn't do anything. After reading "Getting a sign of life on the app," I gave it a try and it looked like it's working again (dash-matching range info appeared). However, I swiped down for a refresh and the "motto" reappeared. It's still not all the way back, but it's trying.

Texas22Step likes this.
  15. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

I believe pages 467 and 468 of the owner manual shows how to use/change the charging timer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

Domenick and Momothree like this.
  16. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Just plugin your J1772 connector, then press the charge button on your key fob. It will override any charging schedule and force charging to start immediately.

Domenick and Momothree like this.
  17. Lowell_Greenberg

Lowell_Greenberg Active Member

The Hondalink issue appears to be resolved with respect to displaying charge status , though you still may need to clear certain error messages to see the SOC. I've not tested scheduled charging.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Texas22Step likes this.
  18. Danks

Danks Active Member

MIne is working now.

Domenick and Texas22Step like this.
  19. vicw

vicw Active Member

I had reinstalled the Hondalink app on Tuesday, and I'm now able to login, but I still get the "An error has occured. Please try again later" response when I try to add the VIN number for my Clarity. I guess not everything is back to normal yet.

20. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Working again here in Texas as to SOC (haven't tried other functionality yet) with clearing of error message(s). Glad to have it back, as I use it often.

21. 60Hertz

60Hertz Member

I get same result. I can install the app, get past the terms and conditions screen, and log in to my Honda account. BUT, my Clarity is not there (which it should be from my user account), and get the error message when I try to add it.

22. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Same issue here... tried a Android tablet, Samsung Galaxy S7, Google Pixel 3a XL. All 3 still fail with the 'An error has occurred...'

23. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I get the error, I click OK, then it works. It again notifies me when charging is complete, it shows when the car is plugged in, I see the range estimates, and I was able to start the climate control system. Hondalink's odometer read-out is many days behind, but it's always been that way for me.

Texas22Step likes this.