June Update Broke the HondaLink App

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SThomas219, Jun 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

When this has come up in the past they end up sorting it out either on the backend or with an app update.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

So crazy they are still down. Ransomware, so not data was released, but they seriously don’t have backups of their own data? How is being down for 4 days and counting acceptable?

4. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Not only is the Hondalink app down, you can't make or check car payments made to Honda Credit. This has to be a HUGE problem for them.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I knew there was a problem when my Clarity stopped notifying me when charging was complete a few days ago. So I guess @Mowcowbell is correct about Honda's new motto: "An error has occurred. Please try again later"

6. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

I take that back - Not working here either.

I was getting the estimate of EV miles and battery status this morning while L1 charging. But tried to stop charging so I could turn on remote climate and it could not update.

Now, I can't even get a charge level...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Valente

Valente Active Member

I never relied much on it anyway. With the very first version in 2018 I was able to assign a destination from my phone to my car. A version from about a year ago deleted the ability to do that. When it was working, I only used it to see if the car was charging. It's almost a useless app. Will Honda do anything to make it better? I doubt it.

9. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Mine is not working either. I reinstall the app and now I can't even get pass the terms and agreement page :(

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm amazed it's still working for some people. I assumed it was a centralized system that would croak for everyone.

11. Clarity Dave

Clarity Dave Member

Just as another data point, my HondaLink app is working and I haven't noticed any outage, though I haven't been checking every day. I'm in Seattle, in case location makes a difference.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. vicw

vicw Active Member

I had the same results. I've tried it on 4 different Android and Chromebook devices, all with the same result. The failure apparently has nothing to do with our individual Hondalink accounts, vehicles or mobile devices. I suppose there could be multiple Hondalink servers, and perhaps location is relevant, but I doubt it.

14. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

The app updates via the Bluetooth connection with the car (at least mine does). It just won't do anything remotely if away from the car.

15. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Interesting... I'm currently L1 charging and it's updating (showing 40%, 15 mi).

But if I pull down to refresh, I get the new motto "An error has occurred. Please try again later"

16. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Whatever you do, just don't reinstall the app. I did that thinking it was an issue with the app and now I can't get pass the accept the terms and condition screen. :(

insightman likes this.
  17. Rene B

Rene B New Member

Same here, must have been update that totally screwed up the app. The app had been working great, once I updated it, the app always says error occurred. great job honda...

18. Rene B

Rene B New Member

same here, but most likely would not have worked anyway. Who does app testing before the release, they must be out due to covid. lol

19. vicw

vicw Active Member

I don't think this could be due to a Hondalink app update. The current version, 4.2.2 on Android, was released in mid-April. This really looks and behaves like a serious Server end problem to me.

20. vicw

vicw Active Member

Aha. I just got a notification on Hondalink that they are currently experiencing a system outage, and some services might not be available. I hope they are talking about and acknowledging the problem with Hondalink.

insightman likes this.
  21. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

I received the same notice from Honda this afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

22. Mike Forzley

Mike Forzley New Member

Just got my new CRV a few days ago. Since then I’ve been trying to get enrolled with the Honda Link App. When I get to the Terms and Conditions it says “An error has occurred. Please try again later.”

Calling from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. 37611D72-4ED4-4CBA-9800-49AB837B8851.png

23. vicw

vicw Active Member

I assume we all did, but I figured I would just mention it in the thread. Now we patiently wait for Honda to restore operation, hopefully.