128 2019 Clarity cars recalled for Plug-In Hybrid, Fuel Cell and Electric

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Domenick, Jun 9, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. There's a notice of a recall today on the NHTSA website. Though all three versions of the Clarity may be involved, only 128 vehicles are affected.

Summary
    Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2019 Clarity Fuel Cell, Clarity Electric, and Clarity Plug-in Hybrid vehicles with rear seat belt assemblies with a dual-mode locking mechanism. The seat belt webbing sensor locking mechanism may not lock as intended.

Remedy

Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear seat belt assembly production dates, and replace the assemblies, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 13, 2020. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is Z7L.

There are some PDF documents associated with this recall:
    Recall Acknowledgement
    Remedy Instructions and TSB
    Defect Notice 573 Report
    Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2019 Clarity Rear Seat Belt Inspection
    Miscellaneous Document - DIR

Tim66 and turtleturtle like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Can this be pinned to the top of the posts list?

Domenick likes this.
  4. Nemesis

Nemesis Active Member

This is so timely as one of my rear seatbelts won't latch and I have an appointment this Saturday to get it looked at. My car is a 2018 though.

5. For the PHEV it involves 110 vehicles produced on 2 days, August 22-23, 2019.

I may have overlooked it in the linked information, but did not see a list of VIN’s for the vehicles subject to the recall. The door jamb VIN tag only shows month and year for a mfg date. It may or may not be reasonable to conclude, that a PHEV with a door tag date other that 08/2019 would not be subject to the recall.

6. Done! We'll keep it here for a while, I guess.

Tek_Freek likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Could you modify your post headline (the post itself does have this key information) to make it clear that the recall applies only to a small number of Clarity vehicles and that those affected are all model year 2019? I think this could mitigate some confusion among readers.

Tek_Freek, bpratt and Domenick like this.