Where's Kentucky Ken?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by rodeknyt, Jun 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

It's been almost a month since Ken has posted anything. Anyone know if things are OK with him?

Texas22Step, TomL and Daniel M W like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Danks

Danks Active Member

He posted May 1 on Clarity EV charge has dropped thread.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've been wondering why @KentuckyKen's wisdom has been absent from the forum for a while. I expected the oft-repeated question about the underbody plugs would arouse a response from him, but it didn't. So I just sent him a direct email, voicing our concern and telling him we hope he's OK.

5. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Seems like I saw a post on here last year where another forum member met up with him while passing through KY. Maybe that person could reach out via alternate contact info.

6. Danks

Danks Active Member

That would be @David in TN

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

@KentuckyKen and I corresponded a few times and I sent him a Clarity T-shirt I made (so I have his address). I've received no response to the email I sent him so I'll escalate with a letter soon.

Texas22Step likes this.
  9. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Ken has been such a valuable resource in these forums, and I can tell from his posts what a wonderful human being he is.
    Dan

Texas22Step and Ray B like this.
  10. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

I have his address from the Groundhog in the Clarity Naming Contest. If no one else can find out anything I can drop a snail mail postcard to him.

geo

11. insightman

Staples printed this postcard I made from a photo Ken sent me of his Clarity in a parade. I just dropped it in the mailbox and am hoping for the best.

upload_2020-6-9_12-5-8.png

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. TomL

TomL Active Member

Amen

ddddcsd and Texas22Step like this.
  14. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I just texted him. I'll let you know if/when I get a response.

Daniel M W and Domenick like this.
  15. David in TN

Insightman, if it comes down to it and we haven't heard in a few days, you can message me his address. I have two daughters who live within about 30 minutes of him (I know where the subdivision is, but not his exact address,) and can get one of them physically go by to check on him.

16. David in TN

Good news!! I heard from Ken!!

"I'm fine. It's a long story. But my son bought an old house out of town and he's working me like. rented mule. Lots of demolition and renovation. No WiFi yet so bomber been out of touch..."

"...Tell every one thanks for checking up on me and I'll be back online soon.

PS I've down more HV in 3 weeks than I've done in the last 2 1/2 years I've had my Clarity!"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

17. SouthernDude

SouthernDude Active Member

Well, this was one of the most wholesome internet interactions I’ve seen in a while. Nice.

18. TomL

TomL Active Member

Whew! Don't want to lose Kentucky Ken either by switching cars or other means.

19. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

So glad to hear everything's OK with Ken!

The Gadgeteer likes this.
  20. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Thanks god he's fine!

21. insightman

I wondered when I sent a letter to Ken's son today if he would know where Ken was. Now we know it was Ken's son who abducted him and took him to a place with no wifi!

Texas22Step and Cash Traylor like this.
  22. Jed

Jed New Member

Man a lot of anxiety averted.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Cash Traylor likes this.
  23. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Wonderful that he's okay! I was concerned... I expect a lot of us were concerned... that he had come down with the plague.

coutinpe likes this.