Things that come with your new car

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by cyberteen, May 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Can you guys tell me what items come with the Charging kit?
    My sales man couldn't find it in the car's trunk when I took delivery. He promised to get it for me today.

What items come with the charging kit? and also what other items come in the trunk? like some repair kit, toolbox etc? Can anyone give me a list of items I am supposed to get, so that I can ensure I have it?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

The charger is just a NEMA 5-15 plug, box with status LEDs, cable, and J1772 plug that you plug into the car. There is no "kit" (implying multiple parts to it, it's just one thing). There should be a 12V air pump and it should have a bottle of flat-repair goop installed. Just in case you're talking about buying a used car and things are actually missing, there should also be a lid on the cavity in the trunk where the charger is stored.

4. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Thanks for the info. It's a brand new car. Stupid dealer took the charging kit out and kept it somewhere. god knows why he did that :/

5. Just the charge cable and a bag. Mine was also missing, although you should check the compartment under the trunk floor--it may be there. They are supposed to pull it and test it, but I think it also just "disappears" from cars on the lot.

If they can't find it, see if you can just get some $$ from them and buy a 120/240 cable instead of the included 120--More useful if you find somewhere with a 240v plug (e.g., a campground).

The pump should be in a recess in the passenger side of the trunk, and has a can of flat-fix built into the pump.

cyberteen likes this.
  6. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Yeah. They told me that the car was brought from another dealer, so they kept it away to prevent it stealing.

Also, the included charger supports only L1(110V) charging, not L2(220V)?

Edit: I am planning to utilize the free L2 charging from ChargePoint stations at my work. So do I need to purchase any extra charging accessory to use it?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

No need for any extra charging accessories to use the ChargePoint stations at your workplace. You will probably want to set up a chargepoint account and get an RFID card. You also may have to get your employer to add you to a list of chargepoint users that can use the free chargers. The RFID card may be provided free of charge by your employer, or you may have to order one from the chargepoint site (like $5, I think). The stock Honda EVSE (charger) has been used by several here at 240V. It will then let you charge at 12A at 240V, which will recharge the car in about 5 hours instead of the 10 hours at 120V (of course you have to have a 240V plug that can be used). If you are interested in the 240V use of the Honda stock charger, there are several on this forum that have done that and can lead you to where to buy an adapter or how you can make your own. If you have 240V readily available at home with a 40A or larger breaker, then you can install a 32A EVSE and recharge from empty in just over 2 hours.

cyberteen likes this.
  9. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I'm one of the owners who commonly uses my Honda OEM evse on 240v power. It's nothing more than a cable that's been modified with a NEMA 5-20 receptacle and a (pick your own) 240v plug.

10. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don't let them off the hook on the Honda brand charging cord. The retail price is $780 and they may try to set you up with a cheapie off-brand. Part number 1T210-5WJ-A01

11. 228ra

228ra Member

My Clarity came with a ChargePoint RFID card in the glovebox.

cyberteen likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Bought my car in Aug 2018. It to came from another dealer. There was a charging cable in the trunk. Much later I found another unused one in a bag in the special storage compartment. I have never used the second one.

14. Mowcowbell

Mine was in the trunk, still in plastic wrap. Battery only had 2 bars, so doubt the dealer ever plugged it in.

15. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Thanks. I got it too

16. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Thanks for the info. Will make sure I get the original one.

17. Mowcowbell

The Honda OEM evse has the best fitting J1772 connector of any I've tried so far. You definitely want them to provide it. Here's what the back side of the unit looks like so you know you got the original.

Attached Files:

cyberteen likes this.
  18. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I've never needed to use the RFID card with ChargePoint EVSE's - they work really well with their phone app. Blink, on the other hand, requires a card and does not recognize the app.

cyberteen likes this.
  19. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Got the charger today. Made sure it was the same with the part number. Thanks again!

The Gadgeteer likes this.
  20. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Yes, I realized that after my first time using the ChargePoint charger. NFC with the app works smoothly.

21. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Now, check to see if they installed the body plugs..

Mowcowbell likes this.
  22. cyberteen

cyberteen Member

Where to find it.? And it’s purpose?

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

23. Danks

Danks Active Member

They are for sound deadening.

BodyPlugs.JPG

cyberteen likes this.