Wiper smear fix

Discussion in 'Honda' started by WWayman, Jan 20, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. WWayman

WWayman New Member

I finally won the wiper smear battle.
    The drivers side was not cleaning well on the upper 1/4 of the windshield and I am tall...
    There are 3 things you need to do.
    1. Replace the flat blades with a conventional metal backed wiper blade
    2. Adjust the windshield squinter ball with a pin so it points up the windshield as much as possible. This is the duck hunting problem, you need to aim ahead of the duck to actually hit it. Since the wiper arm is moving you need to aim where the stream will be when it gets to the windshield. (I am not a hunter). Use a camera on slow motion in good light to see where it squirts.
    3. This is most important, you need to bend the end of the arm downward slightly so the pivot at the center of the blade is actually able to pivot and spread the down force to both halves of the blade. On my car I removed the blade and used a rag around the arm with vice grips to bend it about 5 degrees. To test this fix try lifting the blade just above and below the pivot point, there should be some free play on both sides of the pivot, if not the arm is loading the lower portion more and the upper. If there is interest I could shoot a short video. Retired engineer here...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mmisola

Mmisola New Member

How do I send a video of my current wiper situation ?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. dGarry48

dGarry48 Member

You can try to upload it on Youtube and use the unlisted settings.

Mmisola likes this.