What other cars do you own?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Aug 12, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I currently own a Ford F150 Crew Cab which I use for my business and a '68 Corvette (I'm actually trying to sell the car).
    Sold the Mustang in the pic about a year ago..

20180424_141705.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The wife has a new white Honda CRV. I also have a dark blue 1999 F250 crew cab 4x4 with the V10 engine, and a shell on the back. I bought it new in 1999 and used to commute in it from Fallbrook to Del Mar when gas was $1.00/gal. Bought it in Vegas before we moved back to SoCal in 2000, and it has the desert and mountain packages. It was great when my son was in the Scouts and we did a lot of camping. Plenty of room for me and four kids and a lot of gear. These days it pretty much sits in the driveway, but comes in handy for trips to the hardware store or landscape supply. Oh yeah, and Ikea.

4. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

New Paint Job April 2012 002 (Small).JPG New Paint Job April 2012 004 (Small).JPG New Paint Job April 2012 017 (Small).JPG New Paint Job April 2012 002 (Small).JPG New Paint Job April 2012 004 (Small).JPG New Paint Job April 2012 017 (Small).JPG
    Here's my other car it's a daily driver

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Kitsilano, BC-Doc and FlbrkMike like this.
  5. Stickyman

Stickyman New Member

My wife has an Outback. Now if we can merge the electric drive with the AWD system of Subaru we would have a winner.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. FloridaSun

I used to own a 2003 F250 V10.. That engine was a torque monster. I used to pull my race car trailer with it. Great towing car but 10 - 14 mpg maximum.

8. FloridaSun

9. FloridaSun

AWD or 4WD would be fantastic on the Kona indeed!! Maybe they will add that option soon.. A 2nd motor for the AWD like Tesla would be even better.

10. I have a 2009 Honda CRV which I'm handing down to my newly licensed daughter. My wife drives the tank (2016 Honda Odyssey). Good for scuttling soccer teams and GirlScouts around.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. FloridaSun

My wife has a Grand Caravan.. we had it for a while. It is a 2008 and we just rolled 200k miles on it.. In 200k miles, the only maintenance items were brakes, front wheel hubs and radiator. As I do all my own work myself, I spent less than $500 in repairs. Other than that, just oil changes and brake pads.. This coming year, I may get an EV or Hybrid for the wife. She likes the Spark EV but the range is too short. A used Volt may be an option as it has the gas engine to charge the battery for longer trips.

13. Does your wife drive the Kona? I have to admit I'm a little stingy with mine. That's primarily due to the fact that I'm very "OCD" with regards to my seat/mirror adjustments and the Kona, unfortunately, doesn't have the memory settings that the Odyssey does. Considering I have the Ultimate, that really should have been added.

14. 2012 Mitsubishi I-miev 30k miles on it.
    Gave our 2013 Plug-In-Prius to my mom, when we got our Kona.
    No more fossil fuel for me, all our charging at home, heating, hot water and electric comes from the sun.
    Joe

NP27, Burnaby Tom, BC-Doc and 2 others like this.
  15. FloridaSun

She has not yet driven it. I offered it to her but she declined. She even thought that the car only has one pedal as I told her about one pedal driving.. I had to explain to her that it actually has 2 pedals and that she can drive it like a regular car. Maybe I'll convince her to drive it this weekend.. She loves riding in the Kona but like I said, she hasn't driven it yet.

16. We have a 2012 Lexus RX 350 - primarily my wife's car. She was not too thrilled about how much the Kona cost and still brings it up occasionally. However, after driving it a few times she came in one day and said "I have to admit, I really like driving the Kona. It's much easier to manoeuver due to its size, and it's zippy". She also loves the Android Auto. She does miss the power liftgate - my one disappointment too, especially on the Ultimate. She also says it reminds her of me as it's always nagging her (various safety sensors/warnings)! I'm not sure how I feel about that last one...