What are those rubber grommets for?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Linkmodo, Nov 15, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

I bought my Clarity last weekend, and found those in the trunk of my car... Wondering what are those grommets for?? Anyone know? Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

These are for road noise abatement, to be inserted into holes underneath the car. The dealer was supposed to have installed them.

Sent using Inside EVs mobile app

Randy Stegbauer likes this.
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

You can read about them and other things the dealer was supposed to have done like adjust the tire pressure, keep the batteries charged, and test the Battery Capacity Signal (proves health of HV battery) in the Pre Delivery Inspection (Service Bulletin 17-093) which I have attached for you.

Attached Files:

5. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

Bummer... Thank you guys. My dealer knew very little about the PHEV I bought, they even tried to skip the tire inflate kit and pump that was supposed to be included with the purchase till I asked them for it...

6. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Huh? that should be in the rear right compartment. I believe it comes there from factory. If they took it out...

You may also want to check the tire pressure on your car. Many had them delivered at 50psi.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

Mine also measured at 50 psi on all 4 wheels, reduced them to 36 psi and re-initiated TPMS calibration.

9. ozy

ozy Active Member

I had to go and get mine from the dealer AFTER I purchased the car

10. MikeB

MikeB Member

I have wondered before why Honda has these plugs installed by dealer rather than installing them as part of car assembly. Anybody know why they do it that way?

11. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

MikeB

Common belief is those 4 oblong openings are used as tie-down points during the shipping process.

Hope this helps.

LegoZ and MikeB like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Definitely helps reduce noise into the cabin when you install the rubber plugs back under the car..

14. laptop

laptop Member

Hi all, short time lurker here. I think mine is missing the body plugs. Can someone confirm please?

Attached Files:

15. I can't tell from that photo. The hole will look like this. Do you have the four rubber plugs. Mine were also not installed. I found them in a plastic bag with the front license plate holder. I almost threw them away.

IMG_20180930_183647.jpg

16. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

Would you expect the PDI to be done on a car that the dealer was using to provide test drives? I ask because my local dealer is clueless, but apparently the PDI was done correctly on my Clarity. The car I bought was the one that I test drove at a larger Honda dealer in a neighboring town, so my speculation is that the PDI was done by the larger dealer before they started using it to provide test drives.

17. laptop

laptop Member

I got some better pictures.
    IMG_7119.JPG IMG_7119.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

18. laptop

laptop Member

I think I am looking at wrong area. I went by the diagram posted on another thread.

19. If I recall correctly the holes are between the tires...about a foot from the side of the car and about a foot from each tire. Sadly you can't see them without jacking up the car. You have to go by feel or with a camera.

20. laptop

laptop Member

IMG_7125.JPG I see a trend here, the dealers don’t do their jobs properly.

21. Ram1234

Ram1234 New Member

My car has different plugs. Yours look better I think. Do you think I should ask dealer? IMG_4087.JPG IMG_4088.JPG