VW needs to spin off Audi off in hurry

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Jul 11, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

First an ejected R&D head from Audi contacted Alex Voight for an interview and all he had to say was Herb Diess didn't eject me and by the way ICE and the Hydrogen natural gas scam all the way. What was the point of that stupid PR move? Then the new Audi head comes in and says all his moronic stuff about ICE not being dead and he is going to refocus on ICE diesel. So VW is trying to dumb itself down again. It is like Buffet becoming a buyer last resort for a bunch of scrap natural gas industry parts, now picking up the literal pieces of that dying industry but trying to put a good face on it, when that is impossible. People in the South of the US switched to heat pumps cutting their bills to 1/4 and NG was simply priced into obsolesces. Now this new Audi CEO is like ICE first. This guy and Audi need to be merged into BMW and those two need to be merged into GM. Keep the trash in the same pile.

If ICE were allowed to continue development for the next 30 years (its being stopped by governments around the world through straight bans because nothing is more against the public interest) and Audi somehow brought tech from 2050 or 30 extra not happening years of ICE development and put it into its 2021 cars it wouldn't be good enough to compete with the current 1/2st half 2020 Model S and Model X and that is the literal truth. Its like him saying we're going to take land line tech and make it competitive with 5G. It is that backwards. It is literally too charitable to say it would be like saying oh we've got some 1G analog wireless mobile phone tech from 1979 and were going to make that competitive with 6G and its going to win against Starlink. That and a bunch of Apple IIs and 1960s mainframes can compete. This new guy says he's bringing back diesel too! So he is going to bring back Diesel Gate? He'd have a lot more luck but still not luck trying to re-introduce the 2006 Blackberries into the market or the horse and buggy back into the auto market.

Seems there is a lot of sabotage going on at Audi right now. Diess got mad that his strategy sessions were leaked to the press likely by ICE heads trying to undermine him and the switch to green and when he expressed how wrong that was they limited his role. Now that they've promoted a moron at Audi. Does that bode well for VW or Audi? Diess saw the writing on the wall and was making the necessary changes. But these people would be like Microsoft not realizing the threat of the internet, not understanding how important it was and not cancelling all their projects and turning on a dime to save the company from the Netscape and Mozilla and the coming changes. Great for Tesla investors. Tesla knows the vehicle production market is going to go through a huge shrinking because of AEVs and they are now still planning on selling more than 15 million vehicles a year by 2030 and that would me taking so much share from VW that it couldn't stay in business. I'll make a prediction, Audi goes the way of Oldsmobile. It is a brand that has outlived its useful life it is over the world is better off without it. You already know this when the new Audi head is arguing that ICE is not dead. Oh yes it is! ICE will never be profitable again or do anything but quickly lose market share. It is over and only a total fool wouldn't see that.

These are the exact same kind of idiots that brought VW and the world Diesel Gate it is just the global justice system didn't get all of them. Looks like the future will be Tesla, Amazon, Xpeng and tiny crumbs for the others. The German government is going to make Germans buy obsolete ICE (quite he contrary) and Audi won't be able to either.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

The customers vote with their gold. Seeing Tesla eviscerate their 'bread and butter' vehicles will solve the problem.

Bob Wilson

Frank K likes this.
  4. Frank K

Frank K Member

Driving a M3 and an Audi PHEV I can tell you that Audi so far has no car to offer that I would by to replace my present Audi.