Victoria Hyundai Preferred in stock?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Jared Potter, May 24, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. Thanks for the link, however I'm in Canada (Victoria BC) wrong coast and wrong country. The American and Canadian builds aren't the same either.

3. eastpole

eastpole Active Member

Although it's no help to Canadians who want a Kona, I am happy to hear from you that more of them are coming through North American ports and onto our roads. Can't happen quickly enough, in my mind.

4. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

My friend in Canada ordered a preferred in the last week of April, and yesterday the dealer said they still expect it in last week of July or early Aug.

eastpole and Jared Potter like this.
  5. To remove this ad click here.

6. Yeah I haven’t followed up with my dealer since the work order wasn’t placed May 3rd. Then they generically said 90 days then when I pushed for a more definitive timeline of reality they said August - September. They for sure said it was good I got it in then as new work orders they’re submitting were for 2020 but I really truly hate this very vague time line. It doesn’t bode well for my brain. I don’t care if it takes XX long but i like knowing at least a production schedule timeline and how often shipments leave. Makes me feel more like something is happening with predictability rather than a shrug and a maybe.

7. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

I feel ya. I ordered mine in July last year. Was told it should come in sept, then October, then November, it finally came in January. They do a very poor job of keeping customers informed.

8. Yeah read a lot about that and I would have died after the second delay haha. It’s 2019 the fact that the factory, Hyundai Canada, etc don’t have something better implemented for factory orders. Like get real, dealer submits an order and given a work order number and a customer facing website access to view what dealers and such can see. Stop waiting for info to filter through 15 channels before it gets to customers for those that want that extra access. Ridiculous.

9. Don't mean to cloud the horizon but it does't look like Hyundai is increasing production :
    https://insideevs.com/news/343420/hyundai-kona-electric-production-down-but-why/
    This may be a blessing in disguise as when most manufactures step up production, the quality of build usually follows and not in a positive way.

10. To remove this ad click here.

11. Yeah the article is quite old someone on a fb group posted an updated (to April) chart that showed it went back up but wasn’t any sort of spectacular increase. I’ll see if I can find it.

eastpole and electriceddy like this.