Trunk inside handle pop out

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by dan17, Jan 10, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I went to close my Kona's trunk today and the inside handle was missing...just bare metal around (picture attached). I'm glad I didn't cut myself...luckily it was at my work on the ground where I parked yesterday so I don't need to pay for a replacement part. Looking at the part, it seems like it's just a pressure fit...if it came out once now, most likely will come out again. I'll be bringing it to Hyundai to see what they say/suggest.

Anyone ever had their trunk inside handle pop out?

20200110_085951.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

Well, I took a peek at mine and it looks just like yours. My guess is that that cavity is the handle.
    My 2 'ยข

4. Mine has not popped out, but if it does, I will use Shoo Goo to keep it from happening again. Great stuff!

hwitten likes this.
  5. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

There's a tab in the plastic that looks like it's intended to lock the part in place, but I didn't fool around with it for fear of breaking it.

6. I noticed that tab as well, doesn't seem like a lot to hold it in place. I don't usually use the inside handle to close the hatch, just pull the hatch down from the outside edge- so if mine ever goes missing it will probably be history:rolleyes:

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. They just popped it back in said it seemed secure but to come back if it comes out again and they will order a new one. I'd assume there would have been some kind of adhesive to keep it in place...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk