This and that

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Esprit1st, Jun 3, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. We just flew back to Oregon last weekend and had a rental car. It was a Subaru Crosstrek and it had lane assist and smart cruise control very similar to that in our Kona. However it's an ice car!

I was always thinking it would be good to have the lane assist in the Kona make a noise when it deactivates. I sometimes think it's not enough that the green icon changes to white. There is no other indication.

The Subaru had such a sound and guess what. It gets annoying pretty quick to a point we didn't wanted to use it. So I'm now glad the Kona doesn't make a noise.

Also, I now appreciate how great the lane assist is working in the Kona. Here in Vegas some of the lane markings are faded really bad. But the Kona sometimes even picks them up when I have a hard time seeing them (sun from ahead). And the smart cruise control is great.

The same systems in the Subaru were terrible! It sometimes lost lane markings that were painted like brand new and has a hard time slowing down with the cruise control.

It just makes me appreciate the Kona even more!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

SkookumPete, CJC, BC-Doc and 3 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

My last car was a Mazda 3 that had ACC & lane assist which I relied on heavily during my long (~90 mins each way) commute. So far, I'm thoroughly impressed with my Kona's driver assist & safety features. It blows my old Mazda's system out of the water (and I thought it was pretty good at time time. Lol)!!

electriceddy, eastpole and Esprit1st like this.