Spare Change holder accessory?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Jan 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Such a simple thing for an add-on accessory - there's no CHANGE Holder for those Parking Quarters, etc. What do you use? I don't see such an Accessory at the Hyundai site.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

4. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

I have a similar one and these do work if you use them sideways although not a perfect fit. If you press down on them they will cave into the lower section but it is still worth having and does a reasonable job. Mine does stay in place when fully loaded with flashlights Swiss army knife pens eyedrops etc. This is good for baby/dash wipes allowing taller items to pass-through.

We should look into other models that might fit. It doesn't need to be made for a Hyundai. Also the price has nearly doubled since I bought mine, I paid 13$CAD and it is now 20$CAD.

bin.jpg

5. I use a low tech solution. The plastic containers 35 mm film comes in fits quarters and smaller coins perfectly.

BC-Doc likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Where the heck do still find 35mm film? :)

8. I can't remember the last time I had to use quarters to pay for parking. Every municipal parking spot in my area has converted to higher tech solutions.

9. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Thanks everyone ... So great ideas ... (yes, our small town still uses quarters ... :) )

10. Bugblndr

Bugblndr Member

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. HappyKonaGirl

HappyKonaGirl New Member

I guess I’m kinda low key about my quarters. I just leave them in the little well on the door armrest. I’m quite pleased that it is deep enough that they don’t bounce out when the door is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

13. SkookumPete

That's a pretty awesome thing you developed, even if it seems designed for another age. My ”silver” is quickly used as tips for coffee at the drive-thru. Loons and toons spend their transitory life in the tray forward of the armrest or hidden in the phone compartment.

I had fun loading the file into a couple of 3D printing sites that quickly gave a rendering and a price, $60ish in a cheaper material and finish.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  14. GPM432

GPM432 Active Member

15. SkookumPete

That’s a US site. Duty is unlikely but the shipping would be prohibitive if they shipped abroad, which it appears they don't. But it is an OEM part and may be available in Canada from Hyundai.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020