Sound System Question

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by rizulli, Jul 14, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The sound system in my 2020 Ultimate (Canadian spec) is fantastic, however I've noticed that when playing media with speech, like podcasts or music with spoken word segments, the speech is WAY quieter than the music around it.

On my way to work this morning the intro music to my podcast was a perfect volume and then I could barely hear the talking. Once I was up at highway speeds it was all but drowned out. When listening to the same media on my headphones it is fine. This is over the bluetooth connection, I haven't played with Apple Carplay much yet.

I've scoured the settings but haven't found anything that jumps out at me as the problem. Anyone have any thoughts? This is the fanciest car sound system I've ever had by a fair margin so I could be missing something.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Did you check equalizer settings? Or fader settings?
    Maybe base is turned all up, something like that?

4. Yeah, my bad, turned out the volume was down on my phone but only when connected to bluetooth. Once I turned it up it was much better. And my wife had cranked the base, but I knew that already.

Clamps and Esprit1st like this.
  5. I was surprised how different the quality was between bluetooth and CarPlay, the CarPlay being significantly better.