Someone sideswiped my mirror need help sourcing parts

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Shiur, Aug 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Shiur

Shiur New Member

Someone decided to sideswipe my driver car mirror and knocked it off the swivel/spindel. It appears to be the hinge where the motor can swivel into itself
    (Yes it was a hit and run and I have no idea whom it is)

The Mirror glass was not damaged and all the electronics are working properly. (Right now it is attached by the wire that controls the position of the mirror)

So far no junkyard has it ( I guess it's to New of a car)

I looked at Honda parts and it appears they sell the assembly as one unit..

I'm curious to know if I the can obtain the plastic component alone,

Also is there clarity side mirror to any of the other Honda products??P PerhapsI can obtain the components that way??

Thanks in advance

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

I don't know if this will work but there is a group of facebook that has had 2 or 3 clarity totaled and you might be able to find out from them where their car went. (to what junk yard) And be able to contact the junk yard to see if they have parts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/408505746238938/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

KentuckyKen likes this.
  4. Shiur

Shiur New Member

Thanks..

I'm curious to know if the mirror assembly it's shared with another vehicle on the Honda platform

5. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

This place seems to offer the side mirror parts in a more granular fashion than some other sites I noticed. You might be able to order the exact part(s) you need here. Good luck.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~76258-trv-a02.html

KentuckyKen likes this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Beware if you buy just pieces it is a substantial project to assemble and will require cutting and splicing the wire harness inside the mirror. Also no matter how you go about this you will need to remove interior door trim panel and water shields to get access to mirror fastener and electrical plug to remove it from the car. Not sure how mechanically inclined you are?

The mirror is a exclusive to Clarity, shared with no other vehicles.

Good luck!

DaleL likes this.
  8. craze1cars

KentuckyKen and insightman like this.
  9. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Oh, and here's a Honda technical instruction on how to remove the interior door trim, etc. that might help make the work easier. I got this a few months ago from another kind post on this forum. There might be more technical instructions that would be helpful somewhere on the forum, so you should do a search before you get started (if you decide to DIY).

Attached Files:

10. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

is it the kind of damage some good quality epoxy might fix?

I hit a truck with my mirror a long time ago and ripped the mirror off my old nissan sentra and I attached it back with some epoxy from the outside, it lasted a few years before falling again. then I bolted it on from the inside with new bolts and more epoxy and lasted the remainder of the car life.

it will probably make it impossible to fold the mirror in but if it's possible and saved me several hundred dollars, I'd do that myself.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Shiur

Shiur New Member

FYI after poking around I happened to see a honda fit on the street it has a really similar design with the clarity. perhaps the honda fit will fit the whole with only the electronics being different (which I dont mind splicing)
    the pictures are similar on the honda parts website...

is their anyway to tell if the honda fit part would physically fit on the clarity?

FYI follow up I looked online the screw holes on the fit are in the wrong spot...
    so the HONDA FIT will now work..

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  13. Shiur

Shiur New Member

I have included 2 images of the break of the mirror..

Question is can I get away with just replacing the spindle using part "76255-trv-a01"

Or do I need to replace the entire mirror using part 76258-trv-a01 IMG_20190815_065940595.jpg IMG_20190815_065950304.jpg

14. craze1cars

Again I have to ask how mechanically inclined are you, and is this project worth 8+ hours of floundering around cutting and splicing wires and figuring out how to restrain tension springs and whatever, just to save a few hundred bucks? Did you read the other thread thru of the other member who reconstructed his mirror and the challenges he ran into?

Me? I’m actually an auto mechanic. And if this were my mirror I would simply buy a new one and bolt it on and plug it in within an hour. They don’t cost all that much and I have no interest in that kind of mirror reconstruction project.

Body shops don’t rebuild mirrors either, they just replace them. There is a reason...rebuilding them is a time consuming and tedious hassle that doesn’t pay.

But every individual is different. Only you can decide for yourself if the hassle will be worth the cash savings. If you decide to rebuild it you will want to remove it from the car and disassemble on a bench first. That’s the only way to confidently ID exactly what parts you need to order. We can’t tell from photos and only one other human here has had his mirror apart before. You’re not using the mirror anyway if it’s just dangling there, so remove and assess...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Timbomac, jorgie393 and Mowcowbell like this.
  15. M. Shah

M. Shah Member

Try car-part.com

16. Bbeardb

Bbeardb Member

E7C76E44-0787-45E0-BF2E-31F67335DC5F.jpeg If the OP is still following, I’m curious what you ended up doing. My wife caught the mirror rolling the trashcan up the driveway, and snap. The same part cracked. Doesn’t give me a lot of confidence in the design. But regardless...

What did you end up doing?

17. Timbomac

Timbomac New Member

I had the same problem and found / posted on this thread

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/how-do-you-remove-the-door-mirror.5302/page-3#post-96870

I found out, and so did many posters, you are better off replacing the whole mirror. I did try to run down the list from car parts.com to source used but it turned out to be waste of time as well. Most used parts are either missing something or the wrong color. Save yourself some heartache and get a new mirror and be done. The thread I have posted has instructions on removing door panel and mirror. It’s pretty easy. Just don’t drop the bolts inside the door and be very careful / slow with the plastic clip removal.

happy to answer more questions.

Bbeardb and insightman like this.
  18. Timbomac

Timbomac New Member

I do like car-part.com but struggled with finding a whole mirror that matched that wasn’t missing a part already or had malfunction of some sort. A few shops I called had working mirrors but wanted 500 for the mirror. You can get brand new on Hondapartsnow.com for about that amount brand new.
    https://www.hondapartsnow.com/

I like these guys as they have great service, fast shipping, and a parts diagram blowup I use frequently for many parts / assembly ideas.

19. Bbeardb

Bbeardb Member

Thank you. Maybe I'll try claiming it. Been paying insurance for decades and haven't gotten much out of it. Better this than an accident.

20. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

I snapped mine off backing out of my garage. It was broken differently than yours where I was able to force it back together then coat it with epoxy. Its worked fine for almost a year now.