Service / Maintenance notification at 500 miles

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by cv_trail_runner, Mar 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. cv_trail_runner

cv_trail_runner New Member

The other day I crossed 500 miles driven and almost right away I got a notification in MyHyundai that the car needs to go in for service. I looked at everywhere in the app and in the car for more information, but could not find any details.

Today, I used the BlueLink button on the rearview mirror to inquire about this. After the agent on the line asked me which model and trim I have and clearly acknowledged that it's the Kona EV, the agent said "The required service is an oil change." Then I asked if she could confirm if that's true, because it is an electric car without engine oil, then the agent responded "oh you're right, then just press the BlueLink button again and when prompted say - 'Service Completed' and it should clear the notification". I went ahead and did that and the notification is gone.

That's great and all, but this entire experience inspires no confidence in the BlueLink service personnel training nor in the notification system. Anyone else have similar experiences?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

I think that app is old and not optimized for EVs. Here in Canada we use the Bluelink app, which so far has not sent any notifications.

4. cv_trail_runner

cv_trail_runner New Member

I believe it's the same app - it's called "MyHyundai with Blue Link". I could not find any other Blue Link app related to Hyundai in the Google Play store.

5. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

Different apps (or none) are visible in the store depending on your region.

6. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

Just check your car settings maybe someone pre-programmed it for you. Maybe they forgot to add a 0 for 5000 miles instead of 500.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JellyCat

JellyCat New Member

EV doesn't have engine oil, but wouldn't it be too soon to change the oil at 500 miles?