Scheduled charging issues

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hedgefundie, Oct 24, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hedgefundie

Hedgefundie Member

I have my level 1 home charging scheduled from midnight to 3pm on the HondaLink app.

The car dutifully starts charging at midnight. I unplug at 8am to take my kid to school, then replug in at 9am. However at this point the car doesn’t start charging again. I always have to go into the app and tell it to start.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

The only thing it knows is to start a midnight. By unplugging it you cancel the schedule.

4. Disable the program and use a mechanical timer.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

On page 463, the Owners Manual says you can use the remote to start charging before the next scheduled time:

upload_2020-10-24_10-31-15.png

6. Hedgefundie

Hedgefundie Member

Well that’s dumb. Every other EV I’ve owned is able to maintain the schedule regardless of when / how often I plug in.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Alex800st likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The remote wouldn't initiate charging?

9. This car is different. Now you just need to outsmart the dumb parts.

10. dpt

dpt New Member

It is an annoying problem, it's also annoying that the hondalink app doesn't work very well. I typically initiate the charging outside of the schedule start time by holding down the charge button on key fob for a few seconds, thus overriding the schedule start time and forcing the car to start charging.

insightman likes this.
  11. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

@Hedgefundie my assumption being you want schedule charging because rates are less after midnight and are still low at 9 AM. When are your peak rates?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Just press and hold the bottom button on your fob to initiate immediate charging.

insightman likes this.