Regeneration

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by pulone, Oct 26, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I prefer the max level 3, but it always reduces when I change drive modes. Is there a way to set it to stay on level 3?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Cain

Cain New Member

In the menus somewhere. I prefer L2 and adjusted the normal mode for that by defaults.

pulone likes this.
  4. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

You can set the regeneration level for each of the driving modes.. Just go into your screens main menu and tap on the SETUP menu and then VEHICLE. Now you can tap on each of the drive modes and set the regeneration level for each driving mode.

pulone likes this.
  5. And with your fingers crossed and a little luck, it will stay on that setting:D

FloridaSun likes this.
  6. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

You can't default to 0, which is a stupid omission, and the OM lies about it.

_H*

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Thanks

9. Thanks...easy peasy

11. Thank you

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Francois

Francois Active Member

I have set it at 2 for normal and sport and at 3 for the eco mode, which is the mode that I use 95% of the time.

However once snow starts falling, I plan on setting each mode to regen 1 as their default and to just increase regen manually after a few minutes of driving after I have had a chance to make certain that the sudden deceleration doesn't cause my car to slip on the road.

14. styx66

styx66 New Member

I discovered this the other day and am still upset about it. I wanted it at 0 in sport mode because the jerkiness is too annoying with the throttle response being so quick. Ah well just have to do it every time, though i'm not in sport mode that often. Hope maybe someday a software upd... ah who am I kidding

Francois likes this.
  15. So far have mostly used ECO which defaults to 3 on mine. Has been good so far, for my wife, too. But am also wondering what will happen in winter here. In Vancouver, we get black ice sometimes, and not sure how well 3 would work then. I am more worried about my wife actually. I think until I have tested it out, will just put it in Normal (with regen 1) under those conditions.

16. SNOW? I am in So Calif....my car will never see snow. :)

17. I am in So Cal as well, but where I live it does snow (I am at 4000 ft). I have had as much as a foot of snow. We (Tehachapi) get snow 5 or 6 times a year, but on those occasions I usually take my old 4x4 truck rather than one of my newer cars. and if it has rained enough I also have to ford a stream. I actually asked the salesman when I bought the Kona how deep a water it could safely ford. Turns out the manual says up to the axle hub which about 12 inches .

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019