Q5 PHEV

Discussion in 'Audi' started by Sandroad, Feb 10, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

I see the first of the 2020 Q5 PHEVs have hit the dealerships. I'm eager to see/drive one.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Frank K

Frank K Member

I can confirm. The dealer where I bought my A3 etron just called me and invited me for a test drive.

4. Sandroad

My wife and I test drove an Audi Q5 PHEV Premium Plus yesterday. We both drove it fairly extensively on the Interstate, stop/go city traffic, and a section of curvy road with rough spots. It was brilliant. Acceleration was incredible when pushed hard, the transition to ICE from EV was very subdued, EV mode was eerily quiet and the transmission was the best I've experienced in 50 years of driving. The brakes were linear and felt good. The EV range is 20 miles, which is enough for our local driving use (no commuting). We both felt the battery weight when changing lanes, but playing with the driving modes sharpened up handling nicely. I lament the lack of a spare tire and the lack of any extra storage in the cargo area (compared to the non-hybrid Q5). The price is daunting, helped only by the $6712 tax credit. Audi dealer seem to think this vehicle is very special right now, since discounts are skimpy! We are looking forward to some of our favorite and trusted reviewers like Alex on Autos to post their test drives on YouTube.

Kevin Shaw likes this.
  5. Sandroad

We purchased the Q5 PHEV Premium Plus and are learning about its systems and features. At the end of the first week and a few hundred miles of ownership, it’s been a joy to drive. It’s changed our perspective on vehicles from one of being an appliance to get from point A to point B to one of enjoying the journey wherever we’re headed. We are getting 32 miles EV per charge with ambient temperatures ranging from 20F to 45F.

Kevin Shaw and Frank K like this.
  6. Frank K

Frank K Member

Congratulations ... I did not have a chance yet to follow up with a test drive. Not likely in the market for another PHEV, but 36 miles on batteruy is better than what I get with my A3 Etron and would basically allow me an all electric commute no matter what my day looks like.

7. To remove this ad click here.