Poll Regarding Unexpected Charging Stops at Public EVSE

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Steven B, Jul 27, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Interupted Charging (Stopped prior to 100%) at Public EVSE: What was the reported charging rate?

1. Above 7kW/hr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Below 7kW/hr

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Don't know (if you plan to use the same EVSE again, don't answer until you do)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. EVSE didn't report rate (users at Plugshare.com self-report rates with other vehicles)

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Went ahead and created this to begin capturing charge rate where known. Goal is to see if there is a correlation between EVSEs that can pump electrons at the Clarity's maximum acceptance rate and unexpected charge stops (charging that stops prior to 100%).

7kW/hr isn't the Clarity's maximum acceptance rate but is close enough and an easy to remember whole number for unscientific poll purposes.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Other electric vehicle manufacturers have apps that report the charge rate, so the fourth choice is meant to allow you to possibly discover if the EVSE was capable of 7kW/hr or greater based on what other users of the EVSE might report on Plugshare.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

If possible, can you add a vote choice for never had a public charger quit before filling charging.
    It would be good to know what percent of us are having this problem. If the forum software won’t allow it, just start a conversation with Domenick and see if he can add it.
    Thanks, Ken

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Perhaps add a selection for never used a public charger, too.

6. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

Happened at Los Angeles Music Center. Plugged in. Was charging. At some point it stopped charging.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. AnthonyW

AnthonyW Well-Known Member

That would be my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

9. Dustin

Dustin Member

I've had the car stop several times at public charging, often able to restart with the app. Last night was a first though, the car stopped on a level 1 charger and the app didn't notify me. Now I've got a 20% charge and see some public charging in my future for the day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Inside EVs mobile app

Daniel M W likes this.