Poll: Anyone buy a new tesla between April and now?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by NocEdit, Jun 24, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. NocEdit

NocEdit Member

Curious who took order on a Model 3 between April and today? Given all the uncertainty, the market for the model 3 buyer seems to be smaller. Wealthy people with wealth derived from stocks and real estate can still afford to splurge. But those with most of their income coming via salary and now probably working from home the past few months and possibly into the end of the year... I would think would avoid buying a model 3, or any ICE for that matter, due to economic uncertainty and the practical reason of not needing a car for daily commuting.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Model 3 is ~$2,000 cheaper: https://electrek.co/2020/05/27/tesla-cuts-prices-lineup/

For Model 3, its cheapest and most popular car, it results in a $2,000 price cut across all powertrain options. It now starts at $37,990 instead of $39,990 for the Model 3 Standard Range Plus

The cost per mile of my Model 3 is about half of what my previous Prius achieved.

Bob Wilson

4. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

Placed a lease order on the M3 AWD extended range in February. The day before I was to pick it up in Mt Kisco NY Covid-19 shut everything down. Just as well, making lease payments on a garage-bound car doesn't make sense. Now with things open my contract is reactivated but I changed it to full purchase so confined to garage for time being won't matter. Delivery date is now in September and I'm still waiting for the $2000 price adjustment as the salesman (associate?) promised.
    Currently drive a 2019 Hyundai Kona EV which we absolutely love, now getting 5 cents per mile and over 290 mile range. Absolutely looking forward to the Tesla.

5. I'm on the bubble of placing an order for a Model 3.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

As a general rule of thumb, Tesla offers incentives in the last two weeks of a quarter. They aren’t much but something to think about.

Waiting for a small incentive versus serious savings from owning a Tesla, take the Tesla.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.