Nexen N'Priz AH8 - 2 different part numbers. What's the difference?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Jul 7, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I realized that there are 2 different part numbers for the same size Nexen N'Priz AH8 tires..
    16383NXK and 15606NXK
    Does anybody know what the difference is?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Could it be that one number is for Hyundai's production line exclusively and the other is for the mass market?
    Mind you, your other post suggests that there's a compound difference if the max pressure is different.
    Do you recall if the tread pattern was the same?

4. My take on this is different production facilities. OEM were probably Korean, replacements probably manufactured in their Chinese plant. The plant in Czech Republic is more than likely for European market.

5. FloridaSun

Tires looked the same.. I figured out what the difference is but I'm not sure what it means.. There are actually 3 variants of the N'Priz AH8. The difference is the treadwear rating. There are 3 versions with 500 (most common), 560 and 600.. The one I have is rated 500.. I believe that is the same rating of the one that came with the car.

6. FloridaSun

It does say "Made in Korea" on the tire...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I just checked mine, and it says 51 psi, and M+S (All Seasons). TireRack lists 2 tires, which seem to be the same, except one is 44 psi (21 lbs) and the other is 51 psi (20 lbs). So the 44 psi ones are 1 lb more for some reason.

A Canadian website also lists two tires but one says All Seasons and one says Summer. Unfortunately they don't have more detailed specs with psi and tire weight. So it is possible there are actually two different tires. Do yours say M+S?

9. FloridaSun

Mine says M+S...

10. Well then I don't know what is the diff, just that the 44 psi one is 1 lb heavier. Curious though that the Cdn site lists one as summer and the other as all season.

11. FloridaSun

Very weird.. The tread looks exactly the same on the old vs. the new AH8 tires.. The only difference that I can see is the PSI rating..

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Actually, looking at the TireRack specs again, I see the 44 psi ones are 7.3" tread width while the 51 psi ones are 7.2. That could account for the 1 lbs diff. But still, I agree, seems weird to have that kind of diff.

14. Asked the tire rack chat and they didn't have a clue either. I checked my spare set and they are also rated at 55 psi max:). No details on the Nexentire website either.
    Did you specify that you wanted the 51 psi tires when you purchased? I would take them back and have them put on the right ones if that is the case.
    What cold pressure are you running, mine are 42 psi and tend to go as high as 45 after running them for a while.

15. FloridaSun

I didn't specify anything except that I wanted the AH8 N'Priz 215/55/17 94V. I was lucky to even get those without waiting for weeks to get them.. My local Tire Kingdom store had to get them from 2 different locations in Florida.. 3 tires from one of their Tampa stores and 1 tire from an Orlando store.. Otherwise, they would have to get it from out of state.. My cold pressure is about 38 psi.. Warmed up, that's 40 psi..

16. FloridaSun

increased my tire pressure from 37 to 42 psi (39 to 44 when hot) and I gained back some efficiency .. 5.8 mi/kwh today for the same trip that I got 5.2 mi/kwh yesterday with 5 psi less pressure..
    100% city driving..
    20200715_141720.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020