New Owner - Happy Discoveries

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Toolworker, Jan 13, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Here are a few random things about my new 2020 Ultimate that I was happy to discover:
    1. The wipers automatically turn on the headlights. Yes, of course - but I couldn't find it in the manual, and saw references online to older Hyundais that didn't have this feature, which complies with the law in California and a number of other states. The lights appear to go on about 6 seconds after the wipers are turned on, and go off 60 seconds after the wipers stop.

2. The Level 1 charger that comes with the car works as a Level 2 charger using an adapter to plug it into a 240v outlet. It's still limited to 12A but twice the power. The L1 charger from my 2016 Volt did this; here's a long thread discussing it and the post showing the adapter I made. I thought I saw a thread about this on this forum but can't find it now.

3. Not strictly about the car, but if you're looking for parts and accessories from a dealer, the website hyundaiaccessories.com will give different pricing depending on the dealer you select. Front mudguards were $34 from the nice dealer that gave me test drives, and $67 from the one that wanted a signed deal at $5k above MSRP first.
    What else should new owners should know that's not in the manual?

milesian and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.