Model 3 Price Reduction

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SThomas219, May 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SThomas219

SThomas219 Active Member

As of May 27th, Tesla has decreased the price of all Model 3 Trims by $2,000.

By doing so, it makes the SR+ less than the other EV I was considering, Hyundai Iconiq Electric Limited.

Anyone know if this is a permanent price change or just a short term "sale" until things start to get back to "normal" whatever that turns out to be?

Anna_St likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Here is the post covering this with the new prices. Everything is cheaper, except for Model Y.

Tesla has changed its prices occasionally, generally making them cheaper. I don't think I'd consider this a short-term sale.

My takeaway is that there are a number of other electric vehicles coming out and Tesla saw some room in its gross margin to become more competitive (remember, its vehicles aren't eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit anymore).

Anna_St, bwilson4web and SThomas219 like this.
  4. It's pretty simple. When you can't sell everything you produce, you lower the price. That's how capitalism works.

Anna_St likes this.
  5. T.C.

T.C. Member

Clearly he succeeds in selling all his right hand drive cars. Our UK Tesla prices only go up......