Mach-E range in the UK

Discussion in 'Mustang Mach-E' started by Adrian Walter, Nov 23, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Adrian Walter

Adrian Walter New Member

Hi, I'm totally confused by the recent reports about the (now almost confirmed) range of the Mach-E. Today I read 270 miles in InsideEVs but in the UK it's advertised at 379 miles - are our miles that much shorter than yours?!
    Screenshot_20201123-162941.png

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hi, Adrian. The difference is that the US figures are derived from the EPA driving test, while in Europe they use the WLTP (world harmonized light-duty vehicles test procedure). Typically, the EPA figures are the more accurate.

*Edit to add...looking over a few articles about the car's range in Europe, I see some reports that indicate the EPA numbers aren't overly optimistic (good) and owners may probably exceed that range under good conditions.

SThomas219 likes this.
  4. Adrian Walter

Adrian Walter New Member

Thanks Dominic, that's very helpful.
    I assume therefore that it means the Model S I have just ordered will get close to the 400 miles Tesla state and so it was a good move not to wait for a Mach-E because it was half the price and would go nearly as far?!
    For me, range is an issue as I travel to parts of the UK where charging is sparse at present.

Domenick likes this.
  5. The Tesla is a good choice if you're doing a lot of longer-distance trips in the UK because the Supercharger network is better than the alternatives at the moment. The others will catch up, I think, but it may take a year or several.

6. FISHEV

FISHEV Member

I've scouting out and testing the EA chargers with the Model 3 to see if I can make the MachE work. Depends on your area but in PDX, there are as many if not more EA fast chargers as Tesla's. I can so my long daily commutes, trips to the shore and mountains with the 270 range and the EA chargers.

Anyone planning on getting an EV and depending on the fast DC public chargers should scout out their area and see how chargers fit the drive plan.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.