lots of warning lights on

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by victor_2019, Dec 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

this is for a 2019 kona in canada.

this morning it was -19C in montreal.

My girlfriend drove one kid to one daycare, then when she started the kona again, a whole bunch of lights were turned on and she couldn't put the car in drive or reverse. She said there was some warning message about the air flaps. she stopped and started the car a few times and then she was able to drive off, but the lights remained on. see attached photo.

The front bumper is covered with a layer of ice, and I assume the automatic air flaps in the bumper were stuck, but why would that prevent the car from going in drive?

I also assume the automatic collision detection light is on because of ice over the sensor. I will clean it and see if it disappears.

What concerns me more is the skid/traction warning that was stuck on. she was not driving when she took this picture, she said the light was on from the moment the car was turned on. What could make this fail?

I'll take the car to a dealer but I'm afraid whatever it is might go away/be intermittent.

IMG-7748.JPG

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

It may have thrown some codes that the dealer can read.

4. I wonder if the electronic parking brake didn't fully release?

5. Traction control is off too, it appears. Run the onboard diagnostics through the Bluelink on the screen. See if it reports faults. Also, I agree with getting it checked for codes.

6. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I wonder if the collision sensors are covered with ice.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

I think this is related to the problem of the whining sound I posted in another thread. I'm starting to think something like the parking brake might in fact be stuck and rubbing.

the lights all went away and nothing shows up in bluelink diagnostics.

also I was mislead about the amount of ice on the bumper, there's no ice really, nothing covering the sensors.

9. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

Take off auto hold.

electriceddy likes this.