Looking for Helpful Kona EV Sales Contact in L.A. area

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Ed Zwieback, Aug 2, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I'm looking to buy a Kona EV and would like to contact a helpful Hyundai EV saleperson in the L.A. area . Any info appreciated.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Glad you're interested in the Kona.
    What exactly do you need? Info about the car itself or just to buy it?
    Most dealers know very little about the car.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. Thx for the interest. I'm pretty good with EVs; own a '15 Kia Soul EV since new.
    Would like to just buy it using a salesperson that knows enough to find the Kona EV I have settled on, without dealer-added stuff .

5. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

You may be better off buying outside of CA and having it shipped or fly out and drive it home as CA dealers seem to mark up those cars.
    I bought my Kona $2k below MSRP and drove it home from Maryland to Florida.. I ended up paying $36100 on a $38300 MSRP. The same dealer has the same discount on Limited and Ultimate models too and they have no dealer add ons.

6. Sounds good, but I checked other close states (OR, AZ, & NV) and its either me or hardly nothing available. Curious if the state (CA) "clean vehicle rebate"= $2500, would get messed up with out-of-state purchase.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. As far as I understand the state rebate shouldn't be a problem as long as it is registered in the state but check your states DMV website. It lists the requirements.

Check Hyundai Salem, OR. They called me because I asked for one but then I moved away and bought in CA

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

9. FloridaSun

I would suggest calling the appropriate agency to check on the conditions for the $2500 rebate.

10. FloridaSun

Screenshot_20190807-124442_Autotrader.jpg

11. To remove this ad click here.