Light in Hyundai logo???

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by victor_2019, Nov 14, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. victor_2019

victor_2019 Active Member

When I came to my parked and charging car today I noticed there was a light turned on inside the Hyundai logo.

I can't find anything about this in the manual, what is it?

I can't remember ever seeing this light before and I've had the car for 6 months.

The car was charging and the remote heating was on, but it's not the first time the car has been charging or had the remote climate on.

I saw this circle inside the logo before and I thought it was some kind of sensor.

20191114_155949.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TheLight75

TheLight75 Active Member

That green LED is on while the Kona’s climate controls are activated remotely.

Francois likes this.
  4. Francois

Francois Active Member

I concur as I use it frequently. You probably just didn't notice it before now. :)

5. It generally means that high voltage is flowing. The traction battery is in use. It is always on if you have remote heating or cooling active and also if the 12V battery is topped up by the high voltage battery.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

electriceddy likes this.
  6. styx66

styx66 New Member

It is the indicator of the Aux Battery saver. It's preventing the climate system from draining the 12V battery. Did you recently toggle that setting on maybe?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. The aux battery saver or remote climate can make this light come on, see Esprit1st post above. If the aux battery saver came on when the vehicle was off you are supposed to see an indication on the dash (see 0:53 of this video)

Edit : it may also create this unwanted but definitely unique sound as documented by the same poster previously:
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/low-volume-alarm-after-starting-car.5077/#post-54664

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Kitsilano likes this.
  9. hieronymous

hieronymous Active Member

Use of the auxiliary battery saver alone WILL make this light come on, as it does for my Kona though I never use scheduled climate air. As the video identifies, it comes on for other reasons also...

electriceddy likes this.
  10. Thanks, re-phrased that statement:)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    hieronymous likes this.
  11. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

The only reference to that light I have found in the (US) manual is at p. H61.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Pobre

Pobre Member

I thought when it lights up, it means that the high voltage battery is recharging the Auxillary battery.

14. It means the high voltage battery is in use.
    So cases for that are recharging the 12V AND heating/cooling has been remotely activated. Or utility mode is on.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

15. mikeselectricstuff

mikeselectricstuff Active Member

It shows when the 12v battery is being topped up from the traction battery. This typically happens for 20 minutes, with 24 hours between top-ups (i.e. the period is 24 hours and 20 minutes)