Kona'a sold out in BC Canada - New shipment scheduled for Aug 2019

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Rick Rogers Vancouver, May 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. We handed in our deposit end of April, but it seems their are no more for sale in BC. No problem we are willing to wait for the next batch. I was wondering if the Aug shipment will be considered the 2020 model? with the larger on board AC charger.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

4. BC-Doc

BC-Doc Member

Hi Rick,
    I picked mine up in Vernon yesterday.
    Their website shows two others still on the lot.
    BC Doc

electriceddy likes this.
  5. Bleepo

Bleepo New Member

Did they deal at all or sell at msrp+doc?

6. msrp+doc

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. BC-Doc

BC-Doc Member

MSRP+$250 in Vernon with $250 in extra junk thrown in (wheel locks, door protector, etc.) included + $500 “admin fee.”

We comparison shopped with the Kelowna Hyundai dealership. Kelowna was unwilling to price at or under MSRP if we were going to use a Scrap It certificate (we were). Kelowna also didn’t have the colour we wanted.

Given the demand for and limited availability of the Kona, I think our price was within reason, although certainly not a bargain by any means.

Caveat emptor.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    electriceddy likes this.
  9. Grego

Grego Member

I ordered mine may 4th in Richmond BC and got email from dealer that I should get mine in...November

10. Was that a firm estimate with assigned VIN or just a guestimate? We ordered on May 14 in Manitoba and our dealer was guessing September another thinking as late as January. I honestly don't think dealers have a clue. Gives me time to assemble my supplies and put in a new 50 amp circuit in the garage. I will do it myself , save a few pennies and at least I won't be rushing to install a level 2 charge station in the middle of winter which is how it usually goes with me :)

BC-Doc likes this.
  11. Holy deja vu, Batman! (Signed a former Canadian Kona Ultimate pre-order customer)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Nothing has changed, (except the price):rolleyes:

14. Yes I suppose it is, my only likely misguided hope is that they are actually producing vehicles as we speak(albeit at a likely insufficient quantity) vs ramping up production in the pre order phase. I guess in theory it could be a little as 3 months or more depending on demand to their priority markets which appears to still be Korean domestic , Norway and US.

15. I admire your optimism. But remember,.the Kona was in production for 6 months by the time we placed Canadian pre-orders and a year by the time they delivered. It was one of the reasons I felt more confident in placing the order. My optimism (and reasoning) we're misplaced. Never again for me.

16. Yeah I'm probably way too optimistic but que será, será I guess :) I hear you about this sordid ordering/pre ordering business. As a rule I try not to do this, especially with vehicles but at the time it seemed like the only way to get into a preferred Kona at a price below msrp. I guess never too old to make mistakes. Speaking of which I bought my electrical supplies for the new circuit today, I'm at $400+ and I clearly even underestimated that.

17. Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to dissuade anybody. It's a pretty good car. I hope they've worked out the kinks in the supply chain and you get the car before Christmas - maybe Thanksgiving! :)

Jared Potter likes this.