Just got a letter from Hyundai, informing me about the Battery upate

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Jul 13, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

.... weeks after I had it already done, so they must have mailed it after I had already completed the update. Don't they check who had it done already before sending out the letters?

1st-KonaEV-in-FL likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. John2905

John2905 New Member

Maybe the dealer didn’t register the update with Hyundai.

4. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

In the course of the update they didn't detect your disconnected VESS, did they? Just wondering if they'd address that.

5. we had our son with our last regular tire rotation, and we haven't received the letter yet.

6. I too got the letter today. Several weeks after I had the update done. Also, Blue Link has not been updated to show the work has been completed. So far I have been VERY unimpressed with the Hyundai company. I had Hondas for 40 years before purchasing this EV and IMO Honda service and the company in general is light years ahead of Hyundai.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. FloridaSun

I don't know.. It hat my VIN number on the receipt for the BMS update..and if they want to get paid for their work, they have to submit the car's VIN that they did the work on..

9. FloridaSun

My dealer does not sell any Kona EV's.. They are not available in my state, so they probably didn't even realize that the car is supposed to have it..

10. FloridaSun

Hi 1st-KonaEV-in-FL, I recently joined a facebook Kona Electric group and there are at least 3 more Kona EV's in Florida.. There is one in Naples, one in Pembroke Pines and one in Jacksonville. The one in Jacksonville is white, the one in Naples is silver and I'm not sure what color the one in Pembroke Pines is.. They all bought late 2019..
    Lakeland Hyundai told me that someone with a Kona Electric from Orlando has used their services before.. Was that you?

11. FloridaSun

Servicing is not a main concern for me. Those are minor things.. I've owned a new 2012 Elantra before and drove it for 100k problem free miles before I sold it.. Did nothing except for oil changes on it... So, I don't care if the service departments are slow updating things as you will barely need them. Also, the quality of the Kona is exceptional.. Fit and finish are fantastic.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

My letter arrived today too, and given what I've seen others saying it will probably
    just get filed away in the "meh" folder. Two quick OBD2 queries tell me if the pack
    is drifting out of balance or not.

_H*