Is Tesla Model X "Raven" slower than E-Tron 0-60?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by David Green, Oct 5, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

Wow, this is shocking to see people complaining about Tesla's X's acceleration...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

What's definitely not shocking is to see "David Green" making yet another of his serial Tesla bashing posts, nor to see TFL do another Tesla bashing video. TFL has definitely established a rep for an anti-Tesla bias. I wouldn't say an extreme bias, but certainly a noticeable one.

The most obvious case was the TFL video that was an interview with the president of a State Auto Dealers Association, who spent much or most of the interview on a FUD rant against Tesla.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  4. Why are you and Bob always bashing anyone that points out any flaws or deficiencies with the Tesla story? Why not argue the "facts" instead of attacking the person. Being blind to anything that doesn't jive with your current beliefs or narrative just hurts your credibility.

Tesla has a lot of good points (like spurring the EV revolution), but they don't warrant worship status.

5. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

AMEN, I cannot understand why these folks always want to shoot the messenger, instead of staying focused on the message. Why is TFLC's New Raven Model X 25% slower than advertised? Something is evidently wrong with it, I would guess. To be honest I have never floored my E-Tron from 0-60 so I have no idea what the time would be, and don't care as that is not how I drive. I do however have no trouble getting up to, and maintaining the speed limit or over if I choose, and when I want to pass another car, there does not seem to be a lack of power.

6. That is certainly a very good question, and would like to hear at least some rationalization about that. Where's Bob on this question? Being an engineer, he should have some explanation...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

You're showing your own bias with that comment, not ours. Bob and I both criticize Tesla when we think that is deserved.

I received a private message asking if you're this forum's newest troll. I'm rather reluctant to put someone on that list, but you're certainly on my watch list, and this very biased comment from you isn't helping your case.

9. Pushmi-Pullyu

Yeah, what's wrong is it's being driven by a Tesla hater and serial basher.

But if there is any reality behind this latest Tesla bashing from the Tesla bashers at TFL, then the first thing I'd check is to see if they have the "chill mode" selected. That limits acceleration and power.