Intermittent beeps while driving

Discussion in 'Honda' started by TomL, Jul 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TomL

TomL Active Member

Just got 2018 Touring model. We noticed intermittent single beeps while driving and haven't figured out cause. Doesn't seem related to lane keeping or other safety warnings.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

TomL

In the Clarity I drive, when the LKAS is activated, the car beeps when it senses I get too close to the lines. You will know the LKAS is activated when it is displayed in green on the dash towards the upper right corner. This is also where the ACC will be displayed when it is activated.

Hope this helps.

4. Clarity_Newbie

TomL

I misspoke...the Subaru Impreza hatchback I drive is the vehicle that subtly beeps when eyesight is activated as I get close to the lines. It's a default in that system.

I happened to drive the Clarity this afternoon and I get a subtle beep while in ACC mode which I use a lot. The subtle beep seems to occur when the system first detects an object in front of you from a distance of about 75 feet. I have the system set to one bar.

I tested this tonight by switching lanes to one with no one ahead of me...then back to other lane with a car X feet ahead of me. The subtle beep occurred Everytime the car went from nothing it could detect to one subtle beep when it noticed the object ~75 feet ahead.

I apologize for the mix-up. I drive 4 vehicles each with it's own safety sense systems.

Hope this helps

5. TomL

TomL Active Member

The mystery continues. My intermittent beeps appear random and do not coincide with visual LKAS or Road Mitigation warnings nor ACC usage. Sometimes beeps occur infrequently (once in 20 miles) or close together (3 in 30 seconds). In previous Honda hybrids I had seemingly random beeps that were eventually revealed as exceeding the speed limit shown on GPS or driving too close to the car ahead while using ACC--neither is the case with the Clarity. Someone out there knows the answer that my senescent, 73-year-old brain is missing.

6. Clarity_Newbie

TomL

I took time to look in the owners manual (the full version all 587 pages worth). Beginning on page 306 under Customized features, it goes through the steps to customize sounds etc.

As an example...the beep I am referring to is on pg 326 under Driver Assist System Setup. The Vehicle Detect beep I referenced can be toggled on/off.

This section would most likely contain the info you seek.

Only condensed manuals come with the vehicle. If this info cannot be found it the manual that came with the car...Honda does provide a 6 month window for new owners to order the full manual free of charge. Info on how to request a copy can be found on the owners website. Probably can find the info on the online .pdf version as well.

Good luck.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TomL

TomL Active Member

I have this manual and I think the following item on p. 326 may have the answer. It could be the on/off feature for "Lane Keeping Assist Suspend Beep." I'll turn it off and see. Thanks for the suggestion.