Infiniti Stereo System

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by notlkk, Feb 9, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. notlkk

notlkk New Member

I'd like to hear your experience about the stereo system. Does it have a subwoofer? How does it sound compared to your other cars?

Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

It sounds good, but I don't hear the subwoofer much. When I go in the back, the sound is just barely coming out of it. The front speakers do have a good low frequency response though, so it sound just fine. Better than my CRV that I traded in.

4. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

Sound is great compared to Ford C-Max Energi and Lincoln MKC. Try Spotify with Android Auto and ask for Headphone Tester Playlist. Great!

5. KonaTom

I tried putting my music on a usb stick and plugged that in instead of using bluetooth and I think it sounds better. I'm hearing the subwoofer more now.

6. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

I notice that the reception on the Kona radio is much better in the areas that we drive through that have poor reception. That is a nice plus.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

I find the sound a bit thin. I think there would need to be larger speaker enclosures to have fuller sound.

Perfect for weekday drives as the radio is pinned to 980am anyway. That said I think we should be able to tune in to 980am on the HD radio for static free listening. That will be a huge improvement for those driving downtown Vancouver.

9. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

I agree the sound quality does perk up a bit as compared to SiriusXM.

I wish the second USB port were also a data port. I had planned to use Android Auto as well as a USB stick. I will have to copy my USB music to my phone as well.

10. KonaTom

I agree, both should have been data ports. I wanted to use android auto and usb music too. I wonder if there is a workaround.

11. EnerG

EnerG Active Member

I've tried a couple different hubs plugged into the data port but none of the ones I have would show the content of the USB stick when inserted. The hubs I have can utilize an external power source so that would be my next test.

If you are technically inclined regarding Android, XDA offers a couple interesting ideas. Wireless AA comes to mind as well.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KonaTom

I will download the XDA labs app and give it a look.