If you could do something entrepreneurial in the EV industry,what would you do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KL70, Mar 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KL70

KL70 New Member

I'm doing an assignment for school, on the topic of what's something entrepreneurial you'd most want to do in the field of EV vehicles and the EV industry, plus how would you go about launching it, monetising it and finding interested customers for it.

Anything to do with just starting your own EV car manufacturing company is excluded.
    I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I would attempt to provide a service mediating between local electrical utilities and municipal governments. Utilities should be encouraged to install curbside L2 EV chargers in residential areas where people use curbside parking. The utility would benefit from selling more income, and has the personnel trained to bury power lines and the equipment to do so.

But there may be a lot of red tape involved, and in some areas there are local or State regulations which prevent the utility from profiting by that. So part of the service I would like to provide would be to mediate with the municipal and/or State government to allow the utility to benefit. Another part of the service would be to get permission from the municipality to install the chargers on municipal property; generally the first few feet back from the road or curb belong to the city, not the individual property owner.

The limitation on such a service, of course, is that eventually the utilities would figure out they'd be better doing all that themselves, and cut out the middleman. But as someone who would like to see the EV revolution accelerate, that would actually be a good thing!
    :)

4. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Vehicle to home solution for optimising power use via power shifting.

Working with local governments creating a repeatable framework for the introduction of transport as a service via self driving cars.

Repurposing car parks (street side, and parking buildings) in the self driving future.

Battery R&D.

EV rental business.

Alternative energy generation.