ID.4 AWD Reservation

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by bpschroder, May 20, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

Has anyone seen their ID.4 AWD Reservation move past the initial $100 step?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hubert Nueckel

Hubert Nueckel New Member

Yes. I locked my order a few months back and paid an additional $400. Estimated pickup is listed between September and November 2021.
    I ordered the Pro S AWD with Gradient package.

4. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

Nice. I ordered the same, but it has only been about six weeks so maybe I am just at the back of the line.

5. Hdtvkeith

Hdtvkeith New Member

when did you order? I ordered AWD in March and crickets.

6. Hubert Nueckel

I ordered last September on the first day VW opened up orders. Locked the order on 3/6/21. After that only one update through email that the expected delivery will be between October and December. On the owner's portal it shows September - November. And my dealer told me they expect AWD to start arriving in July. Not sure what to make of all the different dates.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hdtvkeith

Hdtvkeith New Member

Thanks. Hope they are true saying July. I am looking at a Volvo XC40 Recharge, but even with all the incentives still a pricey ride.

9. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

I test drove both the XC40 and VW RWD ID.4. I do love the XC40. It is an impressive vehicle, but I agree the price tag is a whole lot more. I have a lease that ends at the end of November so hoping that the ID.4 is delivered by then.

10. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Made reservation for the ID.4 Pro S AWD on October 6, ‘20; the reservation was locked on March 5 (with an added $400 deposite). VW sent me an email indicating delivery is between October and December ‘21 (website now indicates delivery between September and November).
    Received a couple of pep talk emails from VW since March that amounted to nothing really.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    electriceddy likes this.
  11. Unfortunately it becoming somewhat normal as manufactures advertise "reservations available" on a vehicle that is not deliverable for 8 months or longer. Especially locking in, reflecting a personal financial commitment with little support from them.
    I know, I went through this on my Kona EV pre-order in 2018, just view this thread and see what we had to go through:
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/taking-pre-orders-in-canada.2537/
    I hope your delivery will occur well before the the indicated date and more support is provided as to the actual anticipated arrival;)
    I am confident the AWD version will be worth the wait.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Gave up on the ID.4 AWD; canceled my reservation and I’m waiting for the reservation portal for the Audi Q4 to open. VW is allowing the competition to catch-up to them.

14. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

Totally get it. It is a long wait for the AWD ID.4 and the Audi Q4 Etron does have a nicer interior, but is based on the ID.4 platform. However, I am not convinced the Q4 will be available sooner than the ID.4.

15. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

We know Audi will come to US from Germany, but VW may decide to supply the AWD ID.4 to the US from Chattanooga. Also, both AWD may end-up available in the US in ‘22 (which is a bummer for the ‘21 tax rebate).

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    bpschroder likes this.
  16. Tony S likes this.
  17. Hubert Nueckel

Interestingly, I was not able to log in to the owner's portal for about a week. Tried again this morning, I can log in and the estimated pickup has changed from Sep - Nov 2021 to June - July 2021! Very surprised. I have to check with my dealer if the information is accurate. It has not moved to the "Leaving the factory" step.

bpschroder likes this.
  18. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

I received the Order Lock / Place Order $400.00 e-mail today. It says estimated delivery Sept - Oct 2021!

19. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

This is for the AWD?

20. Hubert Nueckel

Yes, Pro AWD with statement and gradient package.

21. bpschroder

bpschroder Member

Awesome! I wonder what is driving the new estimates. Let us know if your reservation status changes to leaving factory!

22. Hubert Nueckel

Update: I contacted my dealer and they said expected delivery is October 2021. And today the estimated pickup in the owner's portal changed to Sept - Oct 2021. Watching some of the ID.4 GTX videos, it seems to be worth the wait.

23. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

Hi, are comments (besides GTX) mostly referring to the 2021 ID4? I am currently on the $100 "holding pattern" for the HI5, months back tested a FE ID4 so now eyeballing AWD Gradient, XC40 and the Q4 e-tron. Also awaiting official news of 2022 updates, but configurator doesn't reveal.