I want to post these questions to my dealer and Honda Canada

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by iluvscuba, Apr 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

I have learned a lot in the last couple of months participating in this forum but there are still a few things I am not 100% sure of. Before I get my car hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I want to get some answers on them and I will be posting these questions to my dealer on Tuesday (and ask her to get the answer from Honda Canada)

I am sure there are a few more that I can't think of right now but If you have any questions you want answer to, reply to this thread and I will add them to my list.

Since there are some differences between the US and Canadian model, I will only ask the questions specific to the Canadian model or things that are common between the US & Canadian model as I am sure Honda Canada will not have answer to any specific US model questions

2018 Canadian Honda Clarity questions

1. Does the car have a heat pump?

2. Does the car use Resistive heat (and/or Heat Pump) to heat the car exclusively or will it use the ICE waste heat to heat the car if the ICE is on?

3. The car is supposed to have a Battery Heater. How does it work? Does it work only when plugged-in or does it work when the car is sitting in the parking lot in -30C temp?

4. Can the car be started when the 12V battery is drained?

5. If I live on top of a hill and fully charged the car to 100%. When I start the car in the morning and drive downhill, can the regen/deceleration paddle slow down the car? If not, will the engine come on and use engine braking to slow down the car or will it only use the fraction brake to slow down the car with no regen?

6. How much gas is left in the gas tank when the Low Fuel Warning light comes on?

According to the user manual, the Low Fuel light comes on when there is 1.1 US gallon (4 Liter) of gas left in the tank but base on several posts from users, it appears that only 0.5 gallon (2 Liter) is remaining as people can add about 6.5 gallons to the tank?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. prestoOne

prestoOne Member

3. It will work when not plugged in. Not good for your battery so I guess you have to use the gas engine to heat.