I got Coal Rolled today

Discussion in 'General' started by David Green, Oct 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

This morning I was driving our daughter to the Dr for her checkup, and a Dodge Ram was doing a U turn in front of us, forcing us to slow down, when he got straight he hit the throttle, and clouded us with smoke... I think there was so much smoke it coated our E-Tron with soot (reminded me of the late 70's D9 CAT dozer I operated as a teenager in the quarry). I think people who soup up their diesel, and defeat the emissions systems should be jailed and charged with a felony. It is disgusting behavior...

Esprit1st likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Definitely! You probably didn't get the license plate but definitely report them if possible.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that is despicable. Unfortunately, the dialogue has become so heated that people think it is fun. Hope you are able to get it cleaned.

5. David Green

I did not even think to get the license number, although I may know the guy, as I have seen this lifted Dodge around job sites in the past. I wonder if we turned in these kind of offenders if the authorities would take it seriously? There are several diesel shops around here that do these modifications, I think those shops should be prosecuted.

Esprit1st likes this.
  6. David Green

its really nasty... I do not think this guys was specifically coal rolling my car as an EV, I do not think he knew, but he just turned around and hit the throttle...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

In the US, Many states don't have laws againat that. It is in violation of federal emission laws but I doubt that the FBI would go after them as they have bigger fish to fry.

9. Well, if you see him on the road again, you could try this on him... haha.

10. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Now there is a suggestion that I would entirely support! If it's bad that someone would deliberately cause his pickup or semi tractor to emit huge clouds of black smoke, as a sign of protest against the environmental movement, then how much worse is it for a shop to perform the modification on a vehicle that is needed to do that?