Hot Weather Issues

Discussion in 'Honda' started by PabloK, Jul 8, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. PabloK

PabloK New Member

We live in phoenix and are one of the few that stays in town during the summer.
    On hot days (i.e., most days) our 2018 Clarity does strange things. We frequently get notice that the mirror camera is too hot to work (starts working after we start driving for a while) - and once it wouldn't shut down - that may have been because i plugged it in before the car was shut off - but nonetheless, we futzed with it for about 20 minutes and then it finally shut down.
    Anyone else having high temp issues??

A. Ahad Rezwan likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MajorAward

MajorAward Active Member

Wow. First I've read about the mirror camera issue. As for other high temp issues, here is a recent thread, if you haven't had a chance to read it.

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/20-kwh-to-charge-the-battery.6112/

4. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

I wonder if an outdoor mister would help? Even a slight drop in air temp might be enough. Of course that would not be any help if you are somewhere other than home.

5. PabloK

PabloK New Member

doesn't seem to be an issue at home - its just when it sits outside - although the issue with it not shutting down was probably more from a long hot drive (from our garage to a shopping center) - but i'm thinking that it was mostly because i plugged in the charger (public charging station) before we turned the car off???

6. Bender

Bender Active Member

I got the camera notice today on mine for the first time. It was only ~92F outside. The dash temp said 116F though...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Unless I’m misunderstanding something, I see this as no different than those of us in winter driving who get warning messages and system failures when ice and slush build up on the radar or camera. Car still functions and drives fine you just lose ACC and LKAS and emergency braking and whatever for a while. Then it all comes back when it clears off. In this case you’re just waiting til cool down instead of melt off. Right? Just the limits of the car I’m thinking. Extreme hot and cold have always been tough on mechanical and electrical things. Always will be...both extremes are tough on me too.

fotomoto likes this.
  9. Johnhaydev

Johnhaydev Active Member

FWIW, I live in Palm Springs, CA. We have similar weather here. I have had my clarity PHEV since July 2018. As usual, We have had high temps > 110F this week. I have not had any problems with the mirror camera for back up or right side of the car view. I generally shut off the car when plugging in, so perhaps that is a factor in your situation.