Hondalink app errors on android

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ozy, Jan 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ozy

ozy Active Member

Not sure if it's my phone or something else, but I'm finding Hondalink on android to be a bit buggy. I often get error messages relating to "network error...retry" even though I have full cell reception. Also, when I open the app it gives me my HV mileage but not the EV . Hitting refresh doesn't seem to help. There's also a lag ie: when it's on a public charger it doesn't really indicate for me the current level of charge as it's charging. For example, it reads at 10% for one hour but when I return to the car I realize it's at 50%. I tried to call tech support there a few times but gave up after a long hold. Is it just me?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung Note 9. No connectivity issues. I'm on , Verizon.

The HondaLink app updates periodically. A way to force an update is to go to Vehicle, then choose Find My Car. Select Locate Vehicle. Wait a minute for it to update. Then return to dashboard and refresh.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

4. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

I have a Google Pixel with Android 9 (Pie) with none of those symptoms (since starting to use it with my Clarity in May). Sounds like a job for the dealer, or removing/reinstalling HondaLink app plus perhaps rebooting the display unit in the Clarity (long press on the power button).

5. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, android 8 Oreo - no problems so far.

6. Olimpia

Olimpia Member

Google Pixel XL on Verizon here. The app seems to work fine 90% of the time for me.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

Samsung galaxy S9 and I have exactly the same behavior. Laggy at public chargers, shows network issues, wrong info about battery charging percentage. I've never call to Honda service, but maybe I will give it a try so they can check and see if find something

9. ozy

ozy Active Member

I called Hondalink and they were not helpful. Suggested that I should reinstall the app, uninstall and reinstall bluetooth, do a factory reset on the car etc. I tried David in TN's suggestion and it seems to work. I think that's the easiest route for now.