Honda Care in CA?

Discussion in 'Honda' started by WilliamMadyam, Mar 2, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. WilliamMadyam

WilliamMadyam New Member

Hi all, new to the forum and appreciate all the info on here. I searched and found folks getting the D80 plan.

Is an extended warranty the same in CA? I know CA has more stringent requirements which I think add additional protections for consumers so I'm trying to debate if it's worth getting Honda Care.

Also, have most of the bugs and other issues that were software related addressed by Honda? Have had a Prius plug in and it's been bulletproof but need something bigger. Just a bit concerned with some of the posts about the car stopping mid drive or not starting at all after sitting for a while.

Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. LiamMadyam

LiamMadyam New Member

I know CA has more stringent requirements which I think add additional protections for consumers so I'm trying to debate if it's worth getting Honda Care.

4. It covers the same does as in other states, but it's worth less as the factory warranty (in Cali, NY etc.) covers more. Alas, no discounts for us AFAIK

5. DavidXC

DavidXC New Member

What was the verdict here? That the lower quality of coverage in CA diminishes the value?

6. Agzand

Agzand Active Member

When I bought mine some online sellers wouldn't sell in California (Haynes Honda for example), but I was able to buy from Saccucci. It was nominally more expensive. Hondacare is well priced, it makes sense to buy it if you keep the car long term.

7. To remove this ad click here.