Expectation Q3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bwilson4web, Sep 2, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

13,450 Jul, 2019
    17,550 Aug, 2019
    22,800 Sep, 2019
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    53,800 Q3, 2019

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

are these USA model 3 sales?

4. bwilson4web

I used the InSideEVs sales numbers.

Bob Wilson

5. David Green

This are USA sales only, I will go with 50K in Q3 USA Model 3's (July 13,450, August 16,550, September 20000), which is lower than 2018... and revenue substantially lower than Q3 2018 because the model mix is weaker. I think Tesla will see 25K overseas model 3 sales in Q3 2019, my total estimate is about the same as Q2 2019 (90-100K), but 25% lower revenue than Q3 2018 (growth company story died)

6. David Green

Ouch Bob, huge miss on your August estimate, Wow, is that a 30% miss? Tesla Model 3 USA is seeing saturation,... I told you...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

Sounds like it is time to start advertising.

Bob Wilson

9. David Green

And What money will Tesla use to advertise? They have already lost $1B YTD, I am still laughing about your post on Tesla re-investing profits rather that pay dividends, What Profits? Tesla always loses...

BTW you ready to revise your Q3 projections, I think mine need to be adjusted down, way down...

10. bwilson4web

"The report of Tesla death was an exaggeration" - variation of Mark Twain.

So we'll use your math: $5B - $1B ~= $4B remaining. Advertising is not that bad and the Super Bowl is ~5 months away. Time to out do the Apple commercial:

Bob Wilson

11. David Green

So let's see you growth company projections? I just want to debate, but you are backing yourself into a corner my friend. The Poop is hitting the fan if August numbers continue...

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bwilson4web

Whatever. I'm not selling my TSLA stock nor my Model 3 ... or are you making an offer?

Bob Wilson

14. David Green

Come on Bob, a retired engineer and the best debate you can come up with is "Whatever" to reset your expectations for your investment? I expect an old engineer to be more rational in his explanation, or analysis.

15. bwilson4web

We have different criteria and I know neither is likely to convince the other.

Bob Wilson

16. David Green

I am not trying to convince you, just friendly banter, and since you post fake charts in Audi forums, I figure I should call you out. Here is the E-Tron charging curve as Tested By Bjorn Nyland.... and videotaped, notice the E-Tron at 5% SOC is receiving 139 kW charge rate, and does not go below that until 70% SOC, the charger will read higher as there is some loss to heat.

17. bwilson4web

"Banter" back at you. Take your lazy fingers and make your own chart. Then we'll have something to discuss.

Bob Wilson

18. David Green

I do not have time to make charts, The E-tron curve is like a flat line, Just starts at 140kW ish and stays there until over 70% SOC E-tron charges 3-100% in 43 minus in Bjorn's video which is a production car out in the wild... I have seen the same rates with my car, but only go to 90% on the DC chargers.

19. bwilson4web

Lazy.

Bob Wilson

20. David Green

Your fake video link does not work... Post the real video you used for your E-Tron data point.... Lazy? Haha! Me? Yes, I am lazy, but since I own an E-tron and have DC charged it a few times, I know what the curve looks like, and Bjorn's video is within a kW or 2 of what I have seen... Your chart makes no sense. I am lazy, but not a fraud.

21. bwilson4web

We're not communicating and my time has value. There are posters here who bring useful content.
    <PLOINK>

Bob Wilson

22. David Green

Likewise, why do you find the need to go to other EV forums and post completely false charging data charts, I caught you, Bob... I looked at your data, and said, wait.. what is that charge rate you posted for the E-Tron that you have never even been around? Bob for Fraudster in 2020

23. bwilson4web

Autoline after Hours mentioned the August numbers but added how GM, Tesla, and others are only reporting quarterly numbers. Numbers we'll see in about four weeks.

Bob Wilson