Deals on 2019 Models?

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Raleigh Ron, May 14, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raleigh Ron

Raleigh Ron Member

Anyone bought or leased a 2019 Niro EV recently? Are you seeing any good deals on 2019s as 2020 models start to appear?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Frederic

Frederic New Member

I just got mine on a 3 year lease 36k miles for a price after discounts of less than 30k. Ex with winter package option. I had them bundle all costs, fees, taxes into 35 $400 monthly payments, 0 due at signing. Good deal?

4. Allen G

Allen G New Member

Capitol Kia in San Jose has a large number of 2019 EX Premiums. We lease one last week.

5. 2019 vehicles Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 4.19.51 PM.png

6. mf989

mf989 Member

https://www.performancekia.com/ seems to have around 50 of them, and is advertising pricing (before state/fed incentives) at 35k. I bet you could do even better.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mursilis

Mursilis New Member

Too bad they're on the West Coast. Out on the East Coast near me, there's plenty of stock, but most dealers are showing little to no discounting. I've been watching the local inventories for a few months, and they're not really changing, so I don't know what their game plan is here.

9. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

1. Have you tried E-mailing Performance Kia and asking if they will sell you a car and the cost of shipping it to you?
    2. Have you tried using one of the online buying services to see what the best price is in your area? Use Performance Kia's price as your baseline when they start E-mailing or calling.

10. Mursilis

Mursilis New Member

Those are great suggestions, but we're just going to wait for now. My state is still in a lockdown, but is beginning to open up very soon, and then we can see the Niro EV in person and drive it, which we haven't done yet. It'll replace my wife's old minivan, which is fine for now. I don't see the local 2019 stock going anywhere anytime soon, so I'm not worried about that, and my state doesn't offer any EV incentives anyway, so there's no worry about losing those. When things are safer, we'll visit the local dealers and see how motivated they really are. Deals will very likely only get better. There's still over 40 unsold 2019 Niro EVs within 50 miles of me, and it's been at that level for quite a while.

11. When I bought my 2019 Niro EV from Performance Kia (Everett, WA), delivery to my front door was $300. For saving me a 500 mile round trip, that was a bargain. They also mentioned routinely delivering all across the U.S.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. RDA

RDA Member

Try King Kia in Gaithersburg, MD. They have a bunch and the website is discounting ex premiums by $3800 so you may even be able to get more. I bought my launch edition there. Very good experience. Ask for Hugo. Tell him Bob referred you and I bought a launch edition s year ago. Good luck.

14. For-EV-R

For-EV-R New Member

The places I've checked (including Performance) have bumped up their prices recently to offset some of those savings and I presume to deal with the Kia 0% financing offer. Anyone have a good experience or recommend another dealer in Oregon or Washington state?

15. Kia motors pays the dealer in full for the amount of the loan. It is Kia motors that takes a hit, not the dealer, on the 0% financing. Now, Kia may have jacked up their price to the dealer to pay for that.

I have no insight into that pricing, and it is somewhat opaque since the net price from the dealer's perspective includes incentives. Dealers get bonuses for hitting monthly and quarterly sales goals, which is why you can sometimes get a dealer to sell you a car below what they pay a manufacturer if they are close to a bonus and running out of calendar to get there.

16. Robert@SF

Robert@SF New Member

I just picked up my 2019 EX Premium yesterday. I got about $3,000 off the MSRP. Right now I'm feeling both overwhelmed by the buttons and switches after coming from a 27 year old Ford Explorer XL with 5 sp manual. I'm also loving the lively acceleration although I've on driven in eco mode. Haven't quite figured out the cruise control or the nav or the entertainment system. I'm wondering whether the cell modem has any function other than connecting with UVO. Not too impressed with what UVO does quite frankly.

17. I had a good experience with Lee Johnson Kia in Kirkland several months ago.

18. Cmarkey

Cmarkey New Member

I bought mine last week with $2,000 off MSRP + $2,000 in finance incentives. I also got $1,000 for my 2006 Pontiac Vibe trade-in which I think was generous on their part. Overall feeling like a I got a pretty good deal and like Robert@SF still a bit overwhelmed by all the functions - I’m sure there’s stuff I could be doing better/cooler with the car, it’ll just take a while to learn it all.

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

Robert@SF and electriceddy like this.
  19. Robert@SF

Robert@SF New Member

I bought my EX Premium at Capitol on their no brainer price plan. Memorial day sale. Pretty good deal even though i would have preferred to pay for cheaper EX trim which were sold out. Got the color I wanted (white) and more features than I need. Too many?