Bluelink down in Canada?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by VanGoghsEar, Jul 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. VanGoghsEar

VanGoghsEar Member

The app and web portal has not been able to connect to my Kona since Friday July 26. Anyone else have this problem?

In car it shows the modem status as:
    Network State: No Service
    Network Mode: No Service

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hi,
    Mine is working correctly. I'm in Montreal.

4. VanGoghsEar

VanGoghsEar Member

Thanks. I'm in the GTA.

5. KonaTom

KonaTom Well-Known Member

Mine is working. In BC

6. Ontario here. Works fine... well, normally.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. VanGoghsEar

VanGoghsEar Member

9. FWIW I just locked my doors and received an e-mail right away successfully

10. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

11. VanGoghsEar

VanGoghsEar Member

My guess is the (4) is a flag that denotes the subscription level.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. VanGoghsEar

VanGoghsEar Member

Bluelink link support got back to me today with instructions on how to reset the head unit including the LTE modem.

From Bluelink support:

In order to fix it, we can try a head unit reset. Please be advised that doing it might delete your saved information like your favorites places. Here are the steps to follow (FYI, I did not lose any presets or saved map locations) :
    1. Take a paperclip
    2. Go inside your vehicle (please, make sure you are in an area with good cell and data reception)
    3. Start your vehicle
    4. Next to the volume button, you should have a tiny hole - insert the paperclip and push the button for few seconds
    5. Your screen is going to shut down and restart
    6. Once the head unit reset is done, please contact us back so we can perform the override of your account.
    Post-reset the modem status shows connected and I have remote access via the app is again working as it should. No need to override the account on their end.

The reset button was staring at me the entire time but I did not cross my mind even once to see if it would reset the modem. I hope this nugget helps others with the same problem.

Cheers!

electriceddy likes this.
  14. Totally forgot about that reset button, glad it worked for you. Should have no fear now if mine does the same. Does the Media info screen show different than this picture you posted? (new photo would be awesome):
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/bluelink-down-in-canada.6341/#post-70906

15. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

I thought, the reset button was the microphone.
    So my question is, where is microphone?

16. Benny

Benny New Member

In the middle, underneath where the climate control buttons are located.
    I just picked up my Kona EV yesterday and that's what my sales consultant told me.

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.