BLUELINK - Can't remotely turn on HEATER

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Dec 18, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Newbie here. Getting a weird issue using BLUELINK. I issue the Remote Start command to turn on the HEAT, but receive the error: "Your request for REMOTE CLIMATE CONTROL START cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later."

It just refuses to do this operation - although OTHER remote things work fine (Door Lock/Unlock, Start Charge.) Haven't tried ALL of them yet though (Horn, Lights.)

I emailed HYUNDAI and they old me the vehicle is not "equipped with PUSH START Button (it IS!) or the Push Parking feature (it IS!)" ...

Anyone else experience this ? Are there REALLY features in BLUELINK that woould not be available in the 2020 KONA ULTIMATE ? This HEATER thing seems so basic. Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mine works fine on my Ultimate, but I had to actually put in a climate settings into the favourites. I have also had errors where the command was not accepted, but the car started warming up anyway. Try putting a setting in the Climate settings and starting that way.

4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

What do you mean by "put in a Climate Settings in Favs" ??? Thanks !

5. Click on the climate setting in top right of the home screen. Then click add favourite and set the climate to what you want. Then save. I then turn it on in favourites 10 mins before I leave.

The app is pretty crappy. I haven’t tried the schedule yet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the Canadian and US apps are different.

Kathryne likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ev050

Ev050 New Member

[​IMG]
    I guess for the US app is very clear how to start the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

9. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Yes, the US app is very different. We don't have "Favorites" and the screen is VERY different, as above. I've UNINSTALLED & REINSTALLED the APp. I'll try again today to see if THAT makes a difference. Thanks ALL !!!!!

Kathryne likes this.
  10. Michael Taylor

Michael Taylor New Member

I've had the same issue. The Bluelink ap seems to be quirky and sometimes even takes a long time to log me in, plus most times I have to close down the ap and restart it to even get a current battery condition reading. Also, as you stated, the climate control start sometimes fails, or sometimes says it fails but actually does start.