Battery charging doesn’t stop on 240 V

Discussion in 'Honda' started by Josee, Apr 1, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Josee

Josee New Member

Hi,

I just received my 2020 Clarity at the end of February. I use 120 V at my place (where I charge it most of the time) but use 240 V ,about once a week, at work. Last week I was surprised to see my car had been charging for 7:00 non-stop, but Honda link showed that the battery level was 99%. I plugged it on 120 V back home and the battery was full in 15 minutes. This morning again, on a new 240 V charger, the app said the battery was at 99% after 2:00, but was still charging 1 hour later, still showing 99%. I tried again with the 120v charger at home, and it stopped 2 minutes later. It seems the battery doesn’t reach 100% under 240V, and just keeps on charging forever. Will it damage the battery? Is anybody else having this problem?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

The app has a known bug that shows 99% when fully charged.

Are you relying only on the app to determine if the car is still charging? Or are there indicator lights showing active charging?

4. Josee

Josee New Member

Yes the indicator lights stays on and the the public charger app shows still charging and it gets really expensive to charge if cannot go unplug the charger..

5. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

A trip to the dealer in order as this is not normal behavior.

6. mathewcruz

mathewcruz New Member

Thank you! Did it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Teslawannabe

Teslawannabe Active Member

What was the cure for this. Mine is doing this at home on 240v?
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Inside EVs mobile app