Android Auto Waze

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by nathan bracken, Dec 9, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. nathan bracken

nathan bracken New Member

Hi All,

Was using Google Maps all this time through AA on my 19 Clarity Base.
    Decided to try Waze and it doesn't seem to be working as expected. I can enter an address for navigation, but it doesn't seem to be navigating. Switching back to Google Maps and that's fine but not able to get Waze to function as expected.
    Am I missing something.
    I have the OnePlus 6 with the latest android version (GMaps and Waze are up-to-date), not sure what version of Android is running on the Clarity Infotainment system but it is stock and no mods, maybe needs a firmware update?
    I don't have any other issues so far, will try with my wife's Pixel device and see if it behaves differently but I suspect it will behave the same.
    Any ideas?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tahuna

Tahuna Member

I used to use Waze exclusively but a few weeks ago I had to switch to Google Maps. Waze either just shows a blank screen, or it gets stuck at "Calculating Route". I don't know enough about Android Auto to know if the app is running in the entertainment system or if it's running on the phone and just displaying to the entertainment system, but Waze runs fine on my phone.

4. We just bought OnePlus 7 Pros. It's taking some getting used to after Samsung. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

5. Ray44

Ray44 New Member

I have no idea if it would make any difference but you might try Here WeGo maps. If you do, note that you will probably want to change the default language from UK English without street names in the directions to US English with street names. If nothing else it is a way to get away from the evil Google cabal (Waze is owned by Google). I'm still testing but so far I like Here WeGo.

6. Try Waze version 4.34.1.0, should be working. Sygic version 17.2.25 also works.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. nathan bracken

nathan bracken New Member

The version I have installed is 4.59.0.4
    What you're suggesting is several versions old and I wouldn't want to go back that far, unless in it was last ditch effort. Also I am currently away on a trip so can't check if this was fixed on the new version (apologies for not seeing this message earlier), but let us know if it was.
    Alternatively, wouldn't there be a new firmware version available on the infotainment unit. I just can't believe that there are 0 updates to the firmware since Feb 2019 (when my specific car was manufactured) til now. Again, don't know the version of the infotainment system so can't post as of yet.