$125 Fine For Icing an Electric Vehicle Charging Parking Spot

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by KENNY, Dec 12, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

This is really good news in 2 ways. First of all keeping ICE vehicles out of the parking spots. Secondly it should discouraged charger hogging especially at "free" public chargers. What's amazing is that the Greens and Conservatives agreed on something!

3. Kenneth Bokor

Kenneth Bokor Active Member

Yes this is amazing, the agreeing part for sure. Good bill, hope it will discourage. I can honestly say I've rarely experienced ICE-ing or someone parking with an EV and not plugged in. Only a couple of occasions I've seen this. I don't rapid charge or L2 outside of home very much, however I know this issue could grow with more and more EVs hitting the roads. Good to start to encourage proper use now.

4. DJP

DJP Active Member

I see it relatively often around Vancouver in particular at the Hillcrest Community Centre where the L2 charging stations are next to the pool. I've been posting to the Plugshare site photos of the white Tesla that is parked in the EV spot but not charging. It only costs $1/hour here. It seems that free or cheap parking and/or free charging seems to encourage it. It's been a while since I've seen a parking spot ICE'd. Either way, with many charging stations being at community centres they are outside of the normal city jurisdiction to be ticketed or towed since they are run by the Parks Board and the community centre people have no idea what to do.