Any news on Kona Electric and the EA Tiered pricing??

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Oct 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I will, and encourage everyone else to also comment like this, they need to hear from everyone, or nothing will change.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Screenshot_20191030-150856.jpg
    Yes, see attached, Kona can do as much as 77kw max DC charge, but rarely makes it to that for any amount of time. Simply not worth the higher tier .58 per minute, no real benefit. E.A. take the stand that that is what the car reports,so it belongs in the 1-125kw tier, not jn yhe 1-75kw tier. If you find a Charger 50kw, or temporarily turned down slower, you can get the 1-75kw by default. I have an open case with e.A about this now.

4. It would make sense if they would charge you for the higher tier only when you are IN the higher tier. I'm sure their software can be made to do this.

5. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

The Elektrek article almost exactly reflects the thoughts and experiences I had
    in my piece on DCFC. Which I added a bit to at the end, vaguely dreaming
    about what I'd like to see at the typical big "travel plazas" with the giant
    signs that loom over the interstates. Red and green fuel prices, now add
    blue per-kWh to bring in the EV drivers and charge them fairly, in both
    meanings of the word!

_H*

6. Portell

Portell New Member

Update for this one. After I contacted EA yesterday after getting charged $20 for 80 miles of range and never hitting a charge rate higher than 67kW.

They said they are a young company and like the suggestion of setting a max charge rate. They have been hearing this from Kona customers, so if everyone here could use EA once and relay they same comment we might get some traction.

Just let them know you would like to be able to pick a max charge rate for the session.

7. To remove this ad click here.

9. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

This sounds like a good solution.

No matter where they set the price jumps, there will always be someone right on the edge.

Esprit1st likes this.